Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Access to rails under mountains?

    OK, attach a large magnet to a big stick and pull them out (through side access panels).
  2. J

    Access to rails under mountains?

    How about access panels at each side of the layout, then reach in to remove the derailed train with one of those grabber gizmos (at least the one's beyond arm's reach).
  3. J

    Automobile question

    I think most of them are the LTD II's produced around the mid to late 70s. The station wagons also look like Fords to me.
  4. J

    Do any of you buy stuff from Woot.com?

    Right now they are selling a refurbed HP desktop computer for a good price. I bought one similar to it a few months ago except it didn't have the BluRay drive that the current listing has. It has been great.
  5. J

    Do any of you buy stuff from Woot.com?

    I searched and couldn't find anywhere that anyone here has every mentioned WOOT.COM If you aren't familiar with the site, they generally are a one deal a day type site but about once a month, they have what is called a Woot-Off that may last 1 to 3 days where they sell one item after another...
  6. J

    MB Klein Order Processing

    I've had this issue with them but used the tracking by reference number on the UPS website to track my package well before I got the official notice.
  7. J

    Taking a beating on EBAY lately

    But, why would they bid higher than they could pay an online retailer such as modeltrainstuff.com ? My guess is either they get caught up in the excitement of an auction or have misidentified the piece and think it's something it isn't. (Or, maybe I'm the one that has misidentified it. :) )
  8. J

    Taking a beating on EBAY lately

    I bought and sold on eBay in it's early days, well, at least after it as more than just pezz dispensers. It use to be fun and basically a way for collectors to sell what they didn't need and buy stuff they did need. Then more and more yard sell entrepreneurs, and plain old crooks got...
  9. J

    Getting Senile & Forgetful

    Call me back when you are no longer able to do that. :) Seriously, you can still solve problems and that is generally more important than remembering where we put something. The older we get, the more we have to remember. Something is bound to slip. You should have seen me hunting for...
  10. J

    Newby with some general questions..

    I wish I could get my wife involved. I think she would enjoy working on the scenery and buildings but so far, she shows no real interest.
  11. J

    Newby with some general questions..

    My wife is the greatest. If anything, she tries to get me to be less frugal about it.
  12. J

    how die hard are you for modeling?

    My first MRR injury report: I was soldering some track on Saturday, or should say, correcting some track. I don't know what I was thinking but I guess I wanted to scratch my nose or something (LOL) and next thing I knew I was frying my upper lip. OUCH! It still hurts. Now, I have to admit...
  13. J

    Luminescent paint

    Searching that term, I get hits on some interesting products and information. Thanks for the help. I'm very interested in trying it. However, it seems it is taking forever to get stuff done on the railroad. :(
  14. J

    Woodland Scenics Scenic Ridge

    I am currently doing their River Pass layout. Since this is my first model railroad layout, I consider it a learning experience. Knowing what I now know, if I were to start over, I'd do something else. So from that perspective, it is successful. I've learned. LOL Seriously, if the...
  15. J

    Luminescent paint

    The layout I'm building is going to lean heavily to being an after dark theme. Night club, lover's lane, kind of edgy and funky. Anyway, I was thinking the use of luminescent paint and a black light might be interesting. Just use the luminescent paint kind of sparingly to highlight some...
  16. J

    Weathering track

    I just started weathering my track this weekend. It was taking a lot of time doing it by hand, but then I started thinning my paint a lot. Now, I just load up my brush and touch it to the channels on the sides of the rails, and it flows 2 or 3 inches downwards (holding the track section...
  17. J

    Smoky Mountain modelers?

    That is a beautiful area, except for all the puke orange you see people wearing.
  18. J

    New layout questions

    You could always just have a physical siding or loading dock for industries that are so big and then have a image of the primary plant on a backdrop.
  19. J

    Preferred DCC Systems

    Which seems more like Windows? :D




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top