ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I think you're having a polarity problem with your return loop (if I read your post correctly), assuming you're running DC (as opposed to DCC). Correctly wiring reverse loops has always intimidated me, so I've avoided using them on my previous layouts.
However, it certainly can be done, they...
-
Larry,
I LOVE the old F units!! Is that an F7?
Great pic!
PLE
-
Everyone,
Just wanted to share a pic of the latest piece of P&LE (the railroad I'm modeling) memorabilia that I've acquired for my train room..
It's an original stock certificate for 10 shares, from 1925. I love the artwork on it!!
I got it off eBay for less than $4 shipped.
It's going to be...
-
M T S,
That is a great looking gas station/ grocery store!! I seem to recall plans for a VERY similar structure in an old issue of MR, I think from the 70s?? I even gave very serious consideration to building it.
Is your structure possibly based on those plans??
I'd like to find out...
-
marriedshades,
I looked this unit up by road # when I got home. I can normally recognize some sorts of locos, but the GP15-1 wasn't one of them. I know some of the locos used by CVSR just because I've looked over their roster online and I get to see them on a fairly regular basis.
PLE
-
bnsf971,
LOL, I was all of 6 years old when this loco first saw the light of day.
Maybe old is the wrong word? Perhaps vintage? Or experienced? lol
PLE
-
Wanted to add, 1420 was built for Conrail in 1979 and originally wore #1643. It is on lease to the CVSR.
PLE
-
While out hiking today, I also caught LTEX 1420, a GP15-1, crossing a bridge, bringing up the tail end of a passenger train on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.
Always a great day to photograph old locos.
PLE
-
I was out hiking with my better half today in a park that borders the Cuyahoga Scenic Railroad line near downtown Akron.
Caught CVSR unit #1822 crossing a bridge, pulling several passenger cars.
According to what I've read online, #1822 is an ex-CP unit, an RS-18u.
Beautiful day to see an old...
-
That's a really cool pic Grande!!
Better get the others photographed while you can, they are a vanishing breed.
PLE
-
As I have posted before (recently and in the not too distant past), I am planning to model the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie RR. If you're not familiar with it, Google it, it's a fascinating railroad and definitely worth your time to read about.
For my first attempt at modelling the P&LE, I've decided...
-
Thanks BNSF!! Looks better now.
CSX_road_slug, I'll be back over in that area probably this week, I'll try to get some more photos if you'd like them.
PLE
-
Not sure why the pic is sideways, it looks correct on my computer screen before the upload.
Don't think there's a TT remnant there, but I'll have to go back for a closer look, now that you mentioned it.
It's located on an active CSX line, so looking around is difficult.
PLE
-
Thanks Trussrod.
The main reason I'm planning on using the 4x8 is portability (the room has to usable for other things) and I also REALLY like the Virginian 4x8 from MR. I think it will make a great P&LE coal branch layout and I can always add additional modules and staging.
PLE
-
During some recent online research into something different, I came across some notes on a blog about a B&O coaling tower still standing in Akron, Ohio.
Finally got around to finding it. WOW, what an impressive beast! I've been around trains a lot for most of my life, and this is the first...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)