Railroad memorabilia for the train room

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


P&LE

Member
Everyone,

Just wanted to share a pic of the latest piece of P&LE (the railroad I'm modeling) memorabilia that I've acquired for my train room..

It's an original stock certificate for 10 shares, from 1925. I love the artwork on it!!

I got it off eBay for less than $4 shipped.

It's going to be framed and hang on the wall over the layout. I also have a couple of P&LE timetables that I'll be displaying.

Anyone else have any prototype memorabilia that they'd care to share??

PLE

plestock.jpg
 


I've come across a couple websites with railcars & locos for sale...some of it for just around $15-20K + $3-5K for delivery. Not exactly memorabilia but would be cool to restore one to it's original, serviceable condition...rather than someone muddling it beyond recognition. But a shell, for a remodeled hang-out, would be cool, too.
 
Ebay is where I got my stock cert. Reasonable price. Very nice condition. It's been a while since I picked it up. Not sure what they are going for these days.

Tim
 
Yeah tons of em on there. Many years, variants and prices. I have no idea what makes em valuable (and the expensive ones Wes like 15 bucks) or not. I just wanted one old enough to be in my era, and picked from there.
 
Everyone,

Just wanted to share a pic of the latest piece of P&LE (the railroad I'm modeling) memorabilia that I've acquired for my train room..

It's an original stock certificate for 10 shares, from 1925. I love the artwork on it!!

I got it off eBay for less than $4 shipped.

It's going to be framed and hang on the wall over the layout. I also have a couple of P&LE timetables that I'll be displaying.

Anyone else have any prototype memorabilia that they'd care to share??

PLE

View attachment 45233

I was so struck by how nice your stock cert. looked I'm following suit. I'm getting one from EL and some of the RR's that have (had) a presence in my proposed layout's area: NYC, PENN, Erie, and Nickel Plate. I also found a cross buck RR sign that is still in situ but no where near any RR tracks (any longer). I wonder if they'd let me have it?

[Edit: My stock certs. arrived and I'm struck by the fact they were originally issued to major Wall St. brokerage firms: Cyrus J. Lawrence & Sons; Harris, Uphaw & Co.; Shearson, Hammil & Co.; Francis I DuPont & Co., which makes them all that more special to me.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top