Gp15-1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


P&LE

Member
While out hiking today, I also caught LTEX 1420, a GP15-1, crossing a bridge, bringing up the tail end of a passenger train on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

Always a great day to photograph old locos.

PLE

20140828_144201.jpg
 
Wanted to add, 1420 was built for Conrail in 1979 and originally wore #1643. It is on lease to the CVSR.

PLE
 
Ouch.
It makes me feel old to see a locomotive I consider to be "modern" described as "old"...
 


bnsf971,

LOL, I was all of 6 years old when this loco first saw the light of day.

Maybe old is the wrong word? Perhaps vintage? Or experienced? lol

PLE
 
marriedshades,

I looked this unit up by road # when I got home. I can normally recognize some sorts of locos, but the GP15-1 wasn't one of them. I know some of the locos used by CVSR just because I've looked over their roster online and I get to see them on a fairly regular basis.

PLE
 
Not trying to hyjack but found this SD 40-2, manufactured in 1980, in regular service near Holyoke, MN:

CPrail.jpg


Thought I would post because almost the same year as yours. I found a lot of info on this particular model on the CP website I think.
 




It was BLE 725 in it's prior life. The owner of the railroad just liked the EL paint scheme. Wish he would have done the SW also.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top