Z21 Came This Week

gjohnston

Slow Learner
I have been waiting for about a month for my new DCC operating system a Z21 (black) controller for my layout. It finally came this week. I am very impressed with it. Setting up the app on my i pad, and programming two of my converted DC to DCC locos was simple to do. I was running trains in no time. There are a ton of features with the system, and I have not scratched the surface yet. One feature I will enjoy is that the system allows you to throw turnouts in in groups or routes. So with one push of a button on the app multiple turnouts are thrown. This allows the trains to go from one location to another via any number of turnouts with one push of a button.

Z21-Zentrale_lightbox.jpg

ipad_app.jpg

Right now I am throwing the turnouts manually, but I will be in the process of automating them with RR-CirKits equipment. Turnouts can then be controlled via the app, as well as push buttons on layout fascia panels.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice layout! I still have a few years of work ahead of me as well, so don't feel bad! I might have it halfway done when I retire in 10 years! :D

I like everything but the crossover. I've had nothing but trouble with them in the past.

George

Thanks everyone,

So far the only problem I have had with the crossover is that some of the wheels on the rolling stock have the large flanges that bottom out on the crossover. I will be replacing all of those plastic wheels with metal ones, and that should solve the problem.

Greg, congratulations on the new purchase. If i am not mistaken, the Z21 has a very clever way of speed matching locomotives for a consist. Is that so?

Greg, congratulations on the new purchase. If i am not mistaken, the Z21 has a very clever way of speed matching locomotives for a consist. Is that so?

Yes, although I have yet to actually create a consist the video below explains the process.

[video=youtube;XyLZiFQLZtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLZiFQLZtU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back