Z SCALE freight cars & 195 radius curves.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

idiot

Planning no steam or passenger Z scale. Planning diesel locomotives and freight cars. I have 195 radius curve track.....not wired yet. Currently buying two Z scale .locomotives. I have two 40" boxcars that I know will run on 195 radius, and a 60" flat car that overhangs the track. OK, here's my problem: I don't want to buy freight cars that won't run good on 195 radius.......BUT HOW DO I KNOW WHEN I ORDER CARS.......THE HOBBY DEALERS DON"T TELL ME ON THEIR WEBPAGES ON WHAT RADIUS THEIR CARS WILL RUN. IS THERE A CHART OR LIST OF Z SCALE FREIGHT CARS THAT WILL & WILL NOT RUN ON RADIUS 195 TRACK. I guess I could just post here every time I want to check on a car, but I would like some general information for z scale: flatcars, gondolas, tankers, etc BEFORE ! I BUY some that are wrong. Thank you.

Rico

BN Modeller
I’m afraid I won’t be of much help with the 1/220 stuff but there should be some pretty knowledgeable folks here:

idiot

Thanks. When I look at ALOT of freight cars on hobby shop's websites some don't tell you if they are 40'. 50', or 60' size.

Last edited:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.