Z SCALE freight cars & 195 radius curves.

idiot

Planning no steam or passenger Z scale. Planning diesel locomotives and freight cars. I have 195 radius curve track.....not wired yet. Currently buying two Z scale .locomotives. I have two 40" boxcars that I know will run on 195 radius, and a 60" flat car that overhangs the track. OK, here's my problem: I don't want to buy freight cars that won't run good on 195 radius.......BUT HOW DO I KNOW WHEN I ORDER CARS.......THE HOBBY DEALERS DON"T TELL ME ON THEIR WEBPAGES ON WHAT RADIUS THEIR CARS WILL RUN. IS THERE A CHART OR LIST OF Z SCALE FREIGHT CARS THAT WILL & WILL NOT RUN ON RADIUS 195 TRACK. I guess I could just post here every time I want to check on a car, but I would like some general information for z scale: flatcars, gondolas, tankers, etc BEFORE ! I BUY some that are wrong. Thank you.

I’m afraid I won’t be of much help with the 1/220 stuff but there should be some pretty knowledgeable folks here:

Thanks. When I look at ALOT of freight cars on hobby shop's websites some don't tell you if they are 40'. 50', or 60' size.

Last edited:

Back