Your most prized railway possession?

NWCanuck

Tip&Ring
I mean if the house was burning down, and the family was safe on the lawn, you had one chance to grab that one railway possession... What would it be?

Let's see it.

Right now, if that were to happen i have everything in a box, id be ok. LOL

but seriousLY. id prob run and risk my life, for In one hand have my Union pacific Hobart yard flag,and the other My Santa fe Virigina point switch sign.

Trains can be replaced,this stuff is priceless.

Dont really have a prized loco or equipment. I have basicly modded every loco I own and they all have their own place.. I would likely grab a few of my Steam engines if I had to get out fast

And that is where I want this thread to go. Only what you could realistically carry. I am hoping to see pictures of this priceless stuff. I need to see what I don't have (which is alot).;)

Wow... it would be a toss up between my Silver Streak Cookie Box box car and my MTH 4-6-6-4 Challenger, or my SD70ACe, or my New River Mine as it was really tough to find.

Hrmmmm... I don't know :) Too tough of a choice.

My Lionel Southern Pacific GS4 Northern, Daylight Scheme. My parents bought it for my for my 15th birthday way back in 79. It cost a whopping $169 back then. It has sentimental value to me.

This is why I purchased N Scale! I could pick up my Southern Locomotive and entire rolling stock and head on out to safety.

I'd try to grab my display cabinet (12"x12"x6') because it contains some rare Copper Range stuff, and my Utah Belt locomotives.

Not so much railway model as HO scale vehicles. I'd grab my scratchbuilt PIE Kenworth Jifflox tractor and my Peterbilt 379 winch tractor. Neither would be impossible to replace, just very difficult to do again.

I could grab everything except the track and my N scale stuff. My HO lives in a box and one my "workbench" so i could grab everything realistically, the box even has a handle :D

But to answer your question, my most priced are my Proto stuff, but its not my favorita road, so i guess its a Bachmann CP Rail locomotive. I might get a Rivarossi Red Box steamer though :D

LOL They prob are going to find me in the train room still trying to decide!!..Or hooking up the longest train to run out it the window :D

Maybe my 3 1/2in. scale live steam engine. Doubt I could carry much more.

I'd quickly find my brass hybrid TTT-6 from BLI, my Q2, also from BLI, and my Duplex T1, also from BLI. The rest would have to cross their fingers. If I could manage it, I would also include my Lionel Challenger...it is a rarity now and a really solid performer. So, a four box grab and up the stairs I'd go.

Truthfully, though, I'd first make sure the wife had her purse and car keys and make her wait outside. Then I'd drag a garden hose inside and try to battle the flames, ensuring I had a clear retreat lane, even with wife helping to drag me out.

But I would not try to be a hero. Fires are nasty events. I have insurance and would be able to replace most engines. Not the T1...easily.

-Crandell

nothing sorry I got a rule when a house is on fire I only go one way and thats out!!!!!!!!
and god help you if your in my way out

My whole N scale collection would get saved! Pretty much everything is 4 feet from a door leading outside and a good 80% of my collection is in one large tote.....Two tosses to the back lawn everything is safe!

I would have to say my brass Overland CN Jordan spreader in my most prized HO possession.

Back