WPF Nov 23 - Nov 30

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Just playing with the new camera as 504 was leaving the shop after a little PM visit. :D
Nikons4500%20003R.JPG
Nikons4500%20005R.jpg

[YOUTUBE]cV3G1K0ZmHc[/YOUTUBE]

Some Atlas 85' trash flatcars that I got from MB Klein for an absolute steal at $10 each. :D Pretty long for a 12 car train eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start to my favorite thread!
I am tired of waiting for the constuction to be done so I dug out some old track and buildings and made a small mill layout on a section of the old layout.
Actually worked out well, might incorporate it into the new pike when the time comes.

I think the shop employees should be fired! They did a really crappy job cleanin windows and look like they didnt bother to ensure the unit had air lines replaced on the front...

I have gotten a bit more of the tree line along the back wall near the hillside. It looked like this a few days ago:

MountainScenery27w.png

Yesterday it looked like this:

MountainScenery30w.png

And, by this evening it now looks like this:

MountainScenery31w.png

One more pass for the treetops, and it will be almost done. It will be sprayed with hairspray and a sprinkling of fine turf in a mixture of colors will be done to blend in the green shades.

I got myself another project for the next few weeks today. A triple pack of ACF hoppers made by Kato. A very nice set of parts, metal wheels as standard, brass "buttons" for weights,and all for a very nice price,$11. The original American price sticker was for $45, from a store called Riders. However, once I got the box open at home, I found that there are no instruction drawings,which will slow things down some.
Ron

Heres my "freelanced" western maryland j-1 #1403 project
View attachment 33782
the headlight needs to be moved to the top of the boiler and the bell needs to be moved to the side of the boiler. the tender needs 2 three axle trucks and the loco still needs decals.

I got myself another project for the next few weeks today. A triple pack of ACF hoppers made by Kato. A very nice set of parts, metal wheels as standard, brass "buttons" for weights,and all for a very nice price,$11. The original American price sticker was for $45, from a store called Riders. However, once I got the box open at home, I found that there are no instruction drawings,which will slow things down some.
Ron

Riders hobby was a chain of hobby stores in Michigan and Toledo Ohio area!!!

I used to work at one before my railroad career

My Kato E5 Burlington units arrived today. :)

[YOUTUBE]6XOArsmR-iA[/YOUTUBE]

Also arriving today were some Athearn F45s in Big Sky Blue that I had been searching for for a while. Here's one of them on a rolling road just testing out the sounds.

[YOUTUBE]_4Yh4oNDocw[/YOUTUBE]

I finished off the hoppers this evening, fitted some couplers I had, as the Kato ones were just too fiddley, and tested them out at the back end of a train. They run really well, the fit of all the parts was excellent, if I see anymore of these Kato kits at the next train fair I go to, then I,ll make sure to snap them up !!.
Ron

Having a sheet of instructions would have been nice,but by using a little trial and error,everything worked out ok.
Ron

Back