WPF July 21 to July 27

Here's another one from me, just shot some new photos of my D&RGW coal train.

P1000705.JPG

P1000708.JPG

I planted a few trees on one hill so that's all done. I know it's nothing exciting lol. Great work guys! Keep the pics rolling

WOW great stuff.

Garry, we are in love with the some of the same roads.

lasm

My interest in CB&Q developed in my childhood where I could watch the main line from our house in Illinois. GN and NP trians moved on the Q too.

I see you are in Minnesota. I recall riding the Twin City Zephyr a few times to there from IL.

Everyone did an outstanding job on this week's projects. Thanks for sharing your pics. I didn't post this week, but have a little something ready for next week.

D.A.

As always, some great model railroading being featured in this thread!

I have been busy counting out rivets... Rivets I am putting on the little Overpass Girder Bridge I am building that is. Couple shots of what I hope is progress. [:-^]

SmallGirder09w_zps003709fd.png

SmallGirder10w_zps77e74ce7.png

You can also see some of the soon to be installed Bridge Shoes for the bridge in the photos.

My interest in CB&Q developed in my childhood where I could watch the main line from our house in Illinois. GN and NP trians moved on the Q too.

I see you are in Minnesota. I recall riding the Twin City Zephyr a few times to there from IL.

Where in Illinois did you grow up? I'm from Elgin, roughly 36 miles west of Chicago.

As always, some great model railroading being featured in this thread!

I have been busy counting out rivets... Rivets I am putting on the little Overpass Girder Bridge I am building that is. Couple shots of what I hope is progress. [:-^]

SmallGirder09w_zps003709fd.png

SmallGirder10w_zps77e74ce7.png

You can also see some of the soon to be installed Bridge Shoes for the bridge in the photos.

Holy mother of detail! Those bridge pieces look sharp!

Are they real tiny rivets or are they drawn on?

D.A.

Actually they are decals from Micro-Mark. The rivets are raised bumps on the decals. They are a bit tedious and I can only work on them for about a half hour before I take a break for a while. Hopefully they will still be able to be seen when the whole thing is painted black... I have finally gotten the last of them placed this evening. Got the Bridge Shoes installed as well. Photos tomorrow hopefully.

Thank you Tony!

@AllenB, no it was not the Devil who gave me the skills to take realistic pictures, it was God :)

@AllenB, no it was not the Devil who gave me the skills to take realistic pictures, it was God :)

OK, now I'm confused. I thought those were prototype pictures. Am I mistaken??? Because if I am mistaken, that's amazing stuff.

And if I'm not mistaken, they're still very cool pictures...

Hello Erik, those are H0 Models on one of my Dioramas. The Engines where made by Rodney Walker (Canada), the Cars by Gary Christensen (USA) and the Diorama by Stefan Foerg from Germany.
Rodneys and Garys work can be found on the Rustbucket Website, and Stefans work here: http://www.dioramawelten.de/

It was the 'Z' scale reference on your signature that threw me off.. I was SURE that those images weren't z-scale, so I figured they must be real life. Even know they are HO, however, it's still hard to believe they're models. Excellent work by all concerned!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back