Wpf 5/18

20150430_210050.jpg20150430_210126.jpg

I will start us off this week. It has been a while since I have posted but progress is coming along SLOWLY on the D&H Penn Division. Here is a picture of a RS3m that I built from a Bachman RS3. I cut the nose down, added some details like a plow, and MU hoses. Then I build the dynamic brake box behind the cab. Lastly, I painted, decaled, and weathered the unit. Overall it was a fun build and I am pleased with the results. This is a very neat and unique unit not easily found in plastic. I will probably build another in the future.

I have seen 2 great looking Alcos. They're my favorite first gen diesels. Have a fleet of them custom painted for my freelance railroad. Those first Atlas units were, and still are some great operating locomotives. Here are a couple of mine.

IMAG0213.jpg

rr_work_bench_guitar.jpg

I found a second use for my model railroad work bench. A perfect fit to do some work on my Gibson SG.

WPF thread, almost forgot about it;

I got around to cleaning up my work space last week, took EVERYTHING off it, a new piece of paper, and lined up my essential tools;

Also my B & O box car I am replacing couplers and trucks:

stockyard,rocks 006.jpg

Also, a new shot of my stock holding pen, adjacent to the processing plant:

stockyard,rocks 001.jpg

Really like those Alco's gents!
For the longest time, I was not an Alco fan, however, now they are my favorite.
In the latest online publication ( my mind fails me for name ) there is an article on a scratchbuilt S-12 in O scale.
It's an awesome work of art .. Take a look.

Bridgeliner: Your kitbash is beautiful .. Always liked the D&H paint!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! Some very beautiful Alco models posted so far! I have always loved the Morrison-Knudson rebuilt RS3s that they did for the D&H. I believe they were made in brass but hard to find and out of my price range. I thought I would give this a try and was pleased. Eventually I would like more in my fleet and it was a fairly easy and fun build.

Nice stuff, everybody .... Looks mostly like an Alco themed WPF...

Bridgeliner... You did an outstanding job with your D&H Alco.
Montanan .... I like your yellow Alcos.
JWB .... C of G had a beautiful color scheme on its Alcos.

Here are my Atlas RS-3's. These are the older ones with the super smooth Kato drive. They are detailed according to Northern Pacific practices .

dgbnprs3pv_zpscd0d0bf8.jpg

NPRS3a_zps859684d1.jpg

NPRS3meetsQSD7_zps4693ba78.jpg

GARRY: In the top pic .. Are the cows part of the backdrop? That is a beautiful farm scene. Do I see a tree house as well?

GARRY: In the top pic .. Are the cows part of the backdrop? That is a beautiful farm scene. Do I see a tree house as well?

Sherrel ... The cows are in a filed in front of the backdrop, and they are under-sized to force perspective. Yes, there is a treehouse which is an old Woodland Scenics kit. You might see some kites in the left side of that picture.

Chet ..... Huh ? :confused: ;)

You got to love those 1st gen. Alcos. Here's a couple more on the bridge over Hammer Creek.

P1050260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back