WPF 3/1 to 3/8 '13

Rico

BN Modeller
Well folks it's that time again!
Still no modeling from me but I did snag a couple fuzzy pics from "The one way track" out in Selkirk.
These racks are heading into Mandak for their date with Mr. torch... I really should start a website just for the things you see there.

Despite a shortage of ammo the Guns & Tackle in Sundown is still open for business.

DSCN3266.jpg

And I've got an old all-metal Athearn Magnolia tank car in the train now. I haven't done anything to it other than mount Kadee #148 couplers. When one of these old cars derails on a turnout the sparks will fly.

DSCN3261.jpg

Newly shopped, but still needing some final adjustments to the valve timing, a Union Pacific TTT-6 backs across the turntable bridge and onto a parking radial where it will be out of the way and free a bay in the roundhouse.

UP2-10-2pubr_zpsf3e66d48.png

Some really nice work guys! I just left your fair city, Dan. I was working the outage at Lasalle Station and stayed the last week at one of the "classic" motels. I was renting a furnished apartment in Ottawa but the landlord was wanting to rent it long term so I moved on my day off to Dwight.

Some really nice work guys! I just left your fair city, Dan. I was working the outage at Lasalle Station and stayed the last week at one of the "classic" motels. I was renting a furnished apartment in Ottawa but the landlord was wanting to rent it long term so I moved on my day off to Dwight.

If you ever get back this way, let me know. We can have lunch at Turtles and run some trains!

Here are a few of some new passenger cars. I'm working on the promontory flag car. Hope to have it done in a few weeks.

img20130228092210.jpg

img20130228102247.jpg

Hey irocinblue89!!! As another heritage train enthusiast, howabout listing what the coaches are that you got, i.e. What's the Proto dome car?(didn't even know there were any Proto's). I can see several have been drawn from the "City" series (as I have done) and other Domes from the "Heritage" series. Will be hangin' out to see the "Promontory" car. Don't forget to tell us how you did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations CSXPAID. Wish I'd had a dream job like that. Mucho Kudos (that may be a mixed metaphore there but you know what I mean) (might even be mixed languages)

By railroad-guy;

If you ever get back this way, let me know. We can have lunch at Turtles and run some trains!

That sounds like a great time! More than willing to take you up on your offer. I usually stay in Dwight for the outages at Braidwood and Dresden as well but they are in a different Local, so not a sure thing that I will get to work them. I do appreciate your offer, Dan and will try to get in touch when I'm back your way! Thanks, Bob.

WM 25 after years of sitting in the deadline, finally made it to the shop for a bearing clean & relube, and some newfangled thing called a decoder!. After some test runs, it appears that the new valve linkage is flawless, but the old open frame motor is about done. Good news is NWSL just released a can remotor kit for this engine!
WM25%20002.JPG

After the upgrade she'll join B&O 97 and another B&O C16a for Baltimore yard power.

Back