Wpf 2-17/2-23

Did a little work on the wall behind my layout.

P1050158.jpg

It looks like it is gettin ready to storm pretty bad there! lol but nice work!

Finally got back doing some actual hobby stuff yesterday and today. I added a staircase, some ladders and a few people to the boiler house 2nd. floor. It will soon be glued into it's final resting place inside the building...

Powerhouse26w.png

Powerhouse25w.png

Powerhouse24w.png

That's some spectacular weathering, Jeffrey. That rust looks like you made some stanchions out of wire and soaked them in water for a week or two.

All plastic and powder but thanks just the same. It'd be nice if it ran as good as it looks. It's an old Rivarossi and has two speeds. Dead stop and slow stutter.

I can't find any modern HO pickups anywhere besides the Riverpoint Station Ford stuff. Even most modern cars are impossible to find.

Picked up a new project to work on:

IMAG0704.png

a 1:1 scale speeder at the Mt Rainer Scenic Railroad. I've adopted this as "my" pet project, and will be replacing the roof, windows, painting it, and oh, yea getting it running again (which might be as simple as an oil change and a jump start...)

Back home, the first lease units to ever get lettered for Fred's Locomotive Shop (excuse me, Fred's Locomotive Services, recent name change, same great service!!) are stretching their legs on the Bay Bayou and Gulf as old #8 and #9 are in for some upgrades.

Heading out of Rowe Yard:
IMAG0712.jpg

Passing the Ectomobile, out on another call:
IMAG0713.jpg

Pausing for some chicken in Teller, TX:
IMAG0716.jpg

I can't find any modern HO pickups anywhere besides the Riverpoint Station Ford stuff. Even most modern cars are impossible to find.

Im in the same boat, especially for the trucks. I have a bunch of the ford trucks, but i am a dodge fan and would love to have just one freakin ram lol.

so much GOOD stuff is in 1/64... just a hair big, but that doesn't mean the occasional one sneaks on my RR...

Ah damn :( I might have to just breakdown and put an off scale on our layout. yeah 1/64 (or S scale) has the best vehicles, and they are cheap! just go to walmart lol.

Back