Wow $75...

Eric, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers...

The LHS. I was there yesterday :D I wan't talking about the Athearn AutoMAX though.

As people said before.... Who pays MSRP? I pay MSRP only for detail parts and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line is, we will just have to learn to make more with less. This is probably a good thing for model railroaders who typically buy more than we need and hoard stuff... I have way more trains than I need, so I am guilty of that too. We'll just have to make more with less. I welcome the trend, it will be a positive behavioral adjustment for me.

I seem to remember having to scratchbuild structures, kitbash rolling stock and locomotives, and figure out low cost alternatives to high dollar ready made items. Looks like, at least for me, I'll be making some fuel storage tanks out of cardboard mailing tubes painted silver or white again, just like in 1970.

As people said before.... Who pays MSRP? and stuff.

While nobody pays MRSP who has the tiniest bit of knowledge about this hobby, the fact of the matter is all the hobby shops (brick and mortar or web-based) all derive their pricing from a percentage off of MRSP. Therefore, it you have an increase in MRSP like this one versus the last time it was released, it reasons that the non-MRSP price is substantially more than you paid last time.

But, hey, thats life as we know it. Its all good...

Back