Woo hoo!

Beachbum

The CIC suggested that I finish a portion of my basement so I could expand my shelf switcher. I suspect she just wants my layout out of the family room / loft, but what the heck.

Anyway, I'll have about 12X14 unless I get carried away. I'm a big fan of Lance Mindheim's and David Barrow's work, so ... And BNSF (ex-SF) Argonne Spur is not far from me, so I'll likely protolance that, but throw in a small barge terminal for some water interest.

Now I have to wade through the arguments on the best way to finish a basement with poured concrete walls... :rolleyes:

finish the basement???? you best get the trains down their real quick before the CIC changes her mind...you need to get past the point of no return real quick. I know if I finished a basement and made it all nicey nice...the trains would be overuled and furniture would be going in on my CIC's revised orders.

Well, just say that the Radon-radiation is way too high in the basement, so it's only suitable for trains.... :)

Congrats on the new space approval. We are always looking for the elusive space to expand our railroads.

Hmm, I need a little help with the terms CIC = Chick in Command maybe? Okay, so I am not the only railroader that gets eyes rolling from the other half? lol

When friends ask why don't I expand my layout I always say I need to speak to my 'Real Estate Agent' to obtain some more property.:rolleyes:

Back