Woho!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Looks like I can start an SD45 car body SD40-2 now... For $10 from my LHS I got a Kato SD45 shell, and a SD40-2 shell & frame, all thats required is a chassis. I got alot of scrap lovomotive parts today, 2 spare cabs, 2 spare cab interiors, Non-DB cover, so kit part, I think from a building and other stuff. Now to figure out what work i have to go through for the SD40-2.

Gee! I wish I had a hobby shop close by. :( But I'll be looking forward to seeing what you'll do with your new shells. :) And I won't have to do the work :D but you'll have all the fun :mad: LOL keep us posted on what you do with them, that's what keepes it interesting ;)
Cheers Willis

Its great, i check the sale shelf weekly or bi-weekly, there's allways something good.

Josh, which LHS is your favorite? Reeds? I get into most of my mischief at Value Craft in Escondido, but I've been disappointed lately since they're moving stuff around in the store after the remodel and aren't restocking G stuff like they used to.

jbaakko,

Good find...remember you need to change out the doors/doors are different from a standard SD45,

hth

FR8

Reeds is great;-) That and Railbaron in Poway (and that hobby store next door to it). Whistle Stop in hillcrest is to hard to get to, the parking and all, and they're not really a scratch building place... So yes Reeds.

Sure but I think its spelt oohrah...

And yes FR8 got that planned out, its gonna take a bit, all I've managed to do was hack the Dynamic Brake unit on the SD40-2 so far. This is gonna be the most invested project I have here. Only my SD60M will be near as hard.

Back