With all the talk about Modern Day Fallen Flags

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Freelanced RR's based on the theme of fallen flags in a current setting is a fantastic idea. Since there's such layouts in the Virtual Tour section currently, I thought I'd post a link to an Ebay auction I just saw. I had joked in one of the Tours about how it would be if the Rio Grande were still in business and swallowed up the UP and there were patched ex-UP units running around with the flying herald. :D Since I didn't want to further hijack a current thread, I thought the link would be more appropriate in a new post.

Look closely folks, a GE on the Grande!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUTOM-Denver-Rio-Grande-AC4400-5612-FANTASY_W0QQitemZ6003459694QQcategoryZ19134QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So is it possible you may shift the era of the layout? Is there a piece of plastic calling your name? ;)

dthurman said:
So is it possible you may shift the era of the layout? Is there a piece of plastic calling your name? ;)

I don't think it'll be anytime soon, but it would be a neat thing to try. There's no reason you couldn't run two eras if you chose the structures carefully or changed a few of them and the vehicles on the layout when you ran the "current" locos.

I just added a couple of custom painted D&RGW C44-9W’s to my fleet and they look pretty awesome thundering down the track.

I highly recommend you get at least one just for fun.

I also understand that Kato is going to be modeling the Union Pacific “Heritage” SD70 AC collection after all of the prototype units have been released. I’m curious to see what modern spin UP will do with the Rio Grande logo and color scheme. So far the first three have looked good.

Interesting - that means that Kato would have to be releasing an SD70ACe model. As is, I only know of Tower55 doing it.

Back