Winter Storm Watch SNOWPLOW Show!

PlowGuy

Looks like alot of you in the Northeast have gotten and will be getting a bit more snow.... so, In honor of you.... here are some snowplows to get you through your cold snowy days!!!

Please post pictures of our plows if you have some!

Steve

009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG

Nice stuff thanx!
We could use some of those here in the prairies too... make sure the heaters are working it's -50 with the windchill this morning!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments, Not all were built by me though, I did all the steel New England plows and spreader in the front. (B&M, MEC, BAR)

Nice collection of plows there Mr PlowGuy. But I didn't see any rotary plows? Why?

Here's my rotary plow at the Moffat Tunnel.

P1000518.jpg

Nice collection of plows there, Steve. Didn't You have a bunch of CN plows as well? I was wondering who makes the 2 silver plows in the upper left corner. They are really differnet looking. Ron.

Nice collection of plows there, Steve. Didn't You have a bunch of CN plows as well? I was wondering who makes the 2 silver plows in the upper left corner. They are really differnet looking. Ron.

Hey Ron, Yes I had a bunch of Cn plows, but unfortunitly not anymore. The 2 silver UP plows were handbuilt by the late Ron Keith "The Plow Man" from Canada. They are just as detailed as the brass ones Overland makes! That guy sure did have a great talent and lots of patience!!!! What ever happened to that Brass spreader you wer building for one of your friends? Is it finished???

Hey Steve. I would like to see some closer pics of the 2 UP plows. They are pretty cool looking. Now that I think about it I remember you had the CN plows for sale. The spreader I am building is one of the projects I have to finish. I am still trying to figure out how to mount the cylinders so they work properly without binding. I am not going to rush it just to get it finished. I want everything to work as smooth as the wings do. I also have been looking for pictures from the rear of the spreader so I can see exactly where the arms should mount. This is the only holdup and then I should be able to complete it. Everything else is built and only has to be weathered, assembled and detailed. It will have all hydraulic lines, interior ect.

Here ya go Ron, Here are some close ups of the UP plows, and a pic of the spreader that MRLdave inquired about.
002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Thanks for posting the pics Steve. Those are really nice plows. What are they made of. I see the ladders are brass, but is everything brass, or are the bodies styrene? The second one appears to use an old tank car for the back.

Most of the models are styrene, with some brass details, the one with the cab seems to be used with an old tank car but the otherone seems like solid steel stock!!!! That car must weigh almost a pound!!!! I am overwhelmed with the amount of time Ron must have spent making these plows, there is an article in CN lines a while back showing how he would take pictures of the prototypes, and make drawing of all the correct measurements etc and then built them from scratch!!!! I just dont have the patience, but I appriciate him for doing it!!!! Attached are some pics from the magazine. (My son was helping me turn the pages!!!)
006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG

Thanks for the article, Steve. Looks like Mr. Keith was a man after my own heart. I basicaly do things the same way he did. His craftsmanship is excellent.

Back