Wholesale trains.com

Does anyone know if Whole sale trains.com are authorized proto 2000 dealers as they have the best price on a loco w/dcc sound i wanted. So i wanted to make sure the warranty would be good. Or does in not matter where i buy it. Has anyone had good or bad business with them.

Thanks Ken

I have had nothing but great luck with them. If there is some kind of a problem
I just call and everything gets worked out.

I agree, I have avoided that outfit because there are mixed feelings about them here and there. Some have had very good service, while others claim they didn't like how things turned out on a number of issues. Maybe there was a bit of a cash flow or supply chain issue a few years back, but I can't say I have read any negative comments about them in the past 24 months.

I dealt with them some time ago, found out they are actually a hobby shop that supposedly offers their stuff "wholesale".

From my experience they list all sorts of items as being "in stock" when in fact they probably don't, they need to get your items from their distributor first. The loco I ordered took about 5-6 days to show up on my online order form as ready to ship.

When I first placed the order, there was no way to choose the shipping method, found out later when it was shipped that they sent it UPS Ground. Now anything sent by UPS to us in Canada incurs a hefty "processing fee", in this case around $35.00, so the bargain loco I got ended up costing me more than if I had bought it at a different shop. This wasn't their problem, but the fact that I couldn't ask to have it sent by US mail wasn't good for me.

Later they listed something smaller that I was interested in, so I called and asked if they could send it to me by mail instead of UPS, and they said no they couldn't. Told them they just lost a potential customer. Orders from the US would probably not be a problem.

Ive ordered from them numerous times. Prices can sometimes be very attractive, but their shipping is very expensive. $18 for a HO loco. Thats loco.

I have to agree with Railphotog and bigB, while their prices are pretty good, they make up for it by the shipping costs.
I cancelled an order because their shipping cost was more than the cost of goods that I was buying.

Not to Knock them They are Just a fancy Drop Shipper,And wholesale they would not be in business at all.I Heard a few years Back Athearn and Walthers pulled the Plug on them for Not following MAP pricing this is Just Store to store talk of course.

Back