Where to shop?

laraby

Hi All

I'm new to railroading just bought some track and a locomotive today. I do have some idea of what I'd like to build tho, that being an old west mining town, with perhaps a mine and terrain.

I've been googling and not seeing much thats old west style in N scale though, are there any places the membership could recommend?

I'm a bit confused, are you after recommendations on good Western layouts or places to buy Western stuff? When purchasing online I almost exclusively go to Fifer Hobby Supply (smaller operation run by a modeling couple, excellent customer service and they refund anything the shipping calculator gets wrong) and always to them for preorders. Model Train Stuff (commonly referred to as "MB Klein") is also very good.

As for layouts, there is one that comes to mind you might be interested in. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: [youtube]BaeWZ-50G94[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I was mainly looking for places to buy western things, your links give me some ideas, am a little surprised that I can't seem to find a saloon anywhere. The layout link would also be appreciated, I never even knew such things existed

Back