What's the story on track being unavailable?

Rigby

So, I'm just coming back into active modeling and it seems like there's no track! I was going to work on my N-scale stuff but there's no atlas code 55. So I thought I'd work on an HO scale code 83 switcher to play with - no flex track. What's up?

So, I'm just coming back into active modeling and it seems like there's no track! I was going to work on my N-scale stuff but there's no atlas code 55. So I thought I'd work on an HO scale code 83 switcher to play with - no flex track. What's up?
I'm not positive this is the exact reason for the current track shortage.....but many businesses are in a slow down and waiting mode due to the current political climate with all the burdensome anti-business regulations coming out of washington DC.

Mike

There is lots of very good track available, just not the Atlas type of flex. Reason: Atlas moved their production earlier this year and publicized that it would take some time to refine and approve the quality of production at the new facility. I believe a couple of containers of new track are on their way.

Meanwhile, M.B. Klein's still has small quantities to issue last I looked, and all suppliers have lots of Peco and Micro Engineering tracks and componentry.

I was in touch today with the owner of TNT trains in Iowa. He said he has atlas N scale code 55 flex in stock.....which a check of his site confirms. His name is Larry. I usually call him to touch base before ordering. He is a one man operation....and if he goes out of town to a train show....you'll have to wait till he gets back before it will ship. I received two orders from him earlier this year no problems.....but he takes a bit longer to ship sometimes. Your results may vary.

He occasionally has some amazing deals. I bought two brand new unmolested intermountain EMD FT A+B locomotive sets from him in january. $82.50 each A+B set.......normally $145 or more anywhere else.

http://tnttrains.com/-strse-Atlas-N-dsh-Scale/searchpath/7752984/start/31/total/113/Categories.bok

I'm not positive this is the exact reason for the current track shortage.....but many businesses are in a slow down and waiting mode due to the current political climate with all the burdensome anti-business regulations coming out of washington DC.

Mike

I hear it has to do with waiting for the recovery from failed deregulation. Weird. The economy has tanked at the end of the last two periods of deregulation and bank bailout programs (the 80-92 disaster and the 00 to 08 disaster).

My wife woukd want me to zip my mouth now before I lose friends

I hear it has to do with waiting for the recovery from failed deregulation. Weird. The economy has tanked at the end of the last two periods of deregulation and bank bailout programs (the 80-92 disaster and the 00 to 08 disaster).

My wife woukd want me to zip my mouth now before I lose friends
Vote Democrat much? When did they deregulate flex track? Those bastards.

Vote Democrat much? When did they deregulate flex track? Those bastards.

LOL!

I'm still seeing "back ordered" status for Atlas HO C83 on all my usual web suppliers, nothing to be had locally. I'd like to get started on an expansion of my shelf switcher but looks like it'll be a bit longer...

Is there really just no market for the code83? Or is Atlas having that much trouble sourcing materials and production time presumably in China?

The debate last night was pretty lame. Almost as bad as the baseball game......Next thing you know someone will mention Social Security is a bad idea and the Stock Market is safer and should have fewer regulations also!

I am a hobby dealer.

I will tell you that the politcial scene has nothing to do with the shortage.

I have been having trouble getting any flex track or cork for about 6yrs.
Mother nature has had a hand in it earth quakes, Tsunami and high seas have caused the shipping problems.
6yrs ago most of my suppliers started telling me add 15 days to the printed delivery dates. Last yr added 45 days now they have moved the release dates back 60 days.

Not to start a run or anything, but have you checked with Walthers? Also, the last time I was in there (a couple of days ago), I think Caboose Hobbies in Denver had HO scale Code 83 flex track on the shelves. Can't say about N Code 55, as I model HO exclusively.

Hello there,

In case You haven't got some code 83 flex track yet.

I just purchased some Peco code 83 flex track from Bill's trains and track.

There is a good amount in stock too:

http://www.billstrains.com/product.php?productid=16182

Check it out!

I must say I've noticed that there is a shortage of Atlas code 83 flex track, their snap track and track accessories and in general, but there are still some here and there in Ebay.

Hope that helps!

Regards.

I got some a few months back at trainworldonline.com and they had plenty. I do know of the shortage myself and actually called Atlas before I ordered to see what the issue was from the horse's mouth. They said it was a production issue with their overseas factory.

Back