What's in your Signature?

Bat24SS

Needs more space.
I've noticed some people have signatures with their postings. Some are just words. Others have pictures or logos. I'd like to know what's behind your signature. Here's where I got the idea for mine...

DSC_6410f.jpg

MyReadingSig.png

Well, in my case I just have the name. Other than that, my avatar image, and that's about as far as I care to go.

Some of the really spiffy signature imagery is animated. I always enjoy seeing the variety.

My signature covers the other things where my layout is & a hoby I use to be in, plus some friends layouts in my Photobucket acct. Next week I'm going to add a friends nice O scale layout to my PhotoB acct. My Blog is starting to get a lot of hits from this Forum.

“Have you broken any rules today? Why not?”

This was after a prompt from a photographer friend over on Railroadforums.com, the prototype sister site to this one. I’ve been a member of both forever….and the signature I created on RRF was transferred when the MRR site was created and I’ve just never changed it. We were discussing the differences between the perfect calendar shot and what was actually interesting and why calendar shots sell but the more interesting ones don’t. It’s because art is more personal. A calendar shot may not evoke any strong emotions, an art shot may; however those emotions can be negative or positive. Puppy calendars outsell Picasso calendars routinely. No one hates puppies....Picasso, well...

What does it mean? It’s more of an admonition to get out of the box photographically. To go beyond just getting the exposure right and the horizon level. It’s about making art instead of just photographs. Rules on balance, exposure, light angles, color, etc must be broken to get beyond a documentation shot. Nothing wrong with documentation shots, I do them often and they aren’t easy. But unless you are fanatical about the fact that SP 2708 had some armour yellow handrail stations, they get a bit routine. Visit my RRF gallery sometime, or more specifically the Digitally Enhanced subgallery and you’ll see what I mean. They don’t appeal to everyone, but they appeal to me. And that’s all that really matters.

What's in my signature? A lot of info and one profound message.
First, I have my screenname here...one I use a lot based upon my screenname for my server.

Second I have the scales I DO. I do HO, but have N scale stuff that comes out at Christmas.

Third, I have my disclaimer that anything I post is mine, and may not agree with or vary from others.

Fourth, I have a secondary disclaimer. I am dyslexic and it shows in my typing, even with proofreading. I still "see" a word the way I have typed it as correct, and the typing is what my brain has told my fingers to do. Sometimes it's a simple misspelling, but most often my dyslexia creeps in.

Fifth is the "profound" message. After seeing dozens and dozens of TV shows about how the pyramids and other big structures of the past civilizations could NOT have been built by man, that Aliens MUST have had a hand in their construction, I finally looked at My Other Half one night and said" OK, After long and carefull thought, They have convinced me. They are right. The Aliens Did it." DO I actually believe that? well, you may never know.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by a moderator:
....Fifth is the "profound" message. After seeing dozens and dozens of TV shows about how the pyramids and other big structures of the past civilizations could NOT have been built by man, that Aliens MUST have had a hand in their construction, I finally looked at My Other Half one night and said" OK, After long and carefull thought, They have convinced me. They are right. The Aliens Did it." DO I actually believe that? well, you may never know.

now that I like!

my name and little bit of the background on my freelanced model railway.

my avatar is form a company called Drop em Wear? they do a lot of custom truck related clothing and have a few good lines. I love to fabricate, cut up or modify cars/trucks beyond anything the original manufacture ever dreamed of

I try to rotate mine between something funny, something profound, something silly, and something you really have to think about. I try to change it about every 90 days or so.

I got my name and my two links. One is my cheap camera railfanning photos and the other is a link to my slideshow of my diorama on Photobucket

a couple of my hobbies
an organization I belong to and believe in

on other forums I belong to I have many more lines in there that some of which some people don't care for

My alias comes from a character in the very first video game I installed on my first computer in 1990, Itchy O'Malley from the video game "4D Boxing". It's been my internet alias since day 1.

My avatar is the hood of my 1985 Bombardier Iltis jeep with a replica of the ragged leaf found in Canadian military aircraft roundels.

Sean G Steele
London ON

Back