What switch size and brand should I select?

Hello there,

Well, I think I'll go ahead and glue the points down with silicon :rolleyes:. One can just remove it easily if needed.

Thanks again!

Regards,

DE

Have you thought about using Fast Tracks, I can build #5,#6 #8's and #10's in code 100,70 and 83 and the price will be about the same as Peco or Shinohara and far better with wood ties and the gaps around the frog are super thin making the gap near invisable and not causing stalling issues. My complete list and pictures are in the For Sale/ Wanted to Buy section. i can give a discount for multiple turnouts off of my regular prices shown in my other post.Clint

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, cg15,

Thanks for the offer, I'll look into it. Till now getting the finances straight, these things are expensive to import to my country:)!

Regards,

DE

What are typical speed limits on US railroads?

Hello there,

I would have liked to start another thread, but I thought otherwise and just ask this new question in this one itself.

I would like to know what are the typical speed limits on mainlines(specifically single track mainline) and branch lines in the US?

I'm particularly interested in the typical speed limits of the above mentioned type of tracks of the Norfolk Southern RR.

From what I've gathered it seems to be in the region of 20-30 mph, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

DE.

Back