What State do you live in?

Drew I worked on construction jobs both in Somers and Sleepy Hollow. Sleepy Hollow is right next to the old New York Central main line. How come you model the D&H etc.?

George

I worked a lot of passenger runs to Chatham, NY. I can recall every bottle in the Chatham hotel rattling as a B&A freight rumbled through.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Geneva, NY the Heart of the Finger lakes in UPSTATE New York! The home of the Finger Lakes Scenic Railway as well......

I'm in southeast Texas. My dad (he's the real railroader) is more central Texas between College Station & Austin.

Lincoln, Rhode Island. pretty small but I live within walking distance of the P&W main/providence branch so its all good :)

-Nate

Winston Salem, NC

I've tried to update my information but I can't seem to find the right page. I guess you have to reach a certain level of posts before your allowed to do that.

Reid

Used to be Bishop CA. Originally from Ryderwood Wa which was a logging camp where I was always in trouble for playing in the rail yard and climbing all over the locomotives. I was definetly on santas naughty list. But now happily in Fallon Nv. Home of top gun.

Johnson City, TN. About 23 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway. My area is rich with CSX, NS, mountains, trees, and people who cant drive worth a durn in the snow, or when there is salt on the road for that matter. Originally from Baltimore, Maryland..but wouldnt live anywhere else but TN now. I love the scenery.

I was born in Baltimore too.

You still have ET&WNC (Tweetsie) in Johnson City too, even though it's not narrow gauge (as it should be), or has it been shut down?

Tweetsie has been shut down...Although there is an amusement park close by that is called Tweetsie Railroad which is kinda cool, but its like going to a carnival with a 75 dollar entry price.

I know the narrow gauge has been shut down, but Southern took over operations in JC for awhile and I've seen photos of ET&WNC standard gauge diesels in Southern paint.

You're talking about the operation over in Boone, NC which is narrow gauge.

I live in south east NH. First apartment was right next to Amtrak's station, thought that would be cool, turns out not so much when Pan Am comes through at 2am blasting it's horn for the grade crossing, moved a mile down the road after a year.

Back