What is with Intermountain?

SD45T-2

After Waiting Three Months. I finnaly get one of six cars i had ordered from intermountain. The dealer today tells me That this order has been filled at intermountain. Seriously what the hell?

This is the case with most manufactures today, and really it is at no fault to the manufacture. It is the molding company's in China who are causing all the delays, they are months behind schedule.

This should be reason enough to bring the manufacturing back to US soil, but many manufactures (including Walthers, Atlas, Intermountain, Athearn....) continue to out-source and import because of the cheaper manufacturing and labor prices. Honestly, I would rather pay more and know that I am getting something that was proudly made here in the US then pay a little less for something i know has taken away from American Jobs and not manufactured here on US soil.

This is the case with most manufactures today, and really it is at no fault to the manufacture. It is the molding company's in China who are causing all the delays, they are months behind schedule.

This should be reason enough to bring the manufacturing back to US soil, but many manufactures (including Walthers, Atlas, Intermountain, Athearn....) continue to out-source and import because of the cheaper manufacturing and labor prices. Honestly, I would rather pay more and know that I am getting something that was proudly made here in the US then pay a little less for something i know has taken away from American Jobs and not manufactured here on US soil.

Same here, I would pay more to see it built by a american. We can thank the MBA'S who thought of this idea. so everyyear they can trade there BMW's for benz's and go back N forth everyyear.

in business there is no room for emotions. they need to stay competitive, if they move to US they sertainly not going to get 1$ an hour labor. and in any case there is nothing a simple consumer can do about the situation. i can boycott, but the impact will be exactly zip, and besides - i do want my MRR stuff.
We can thank the MBA'S who thought of this idea.
Incorrect! thanks goes to us consumers first and foremost

speaking off intermountain, Josh any word about the pre order status? still on track for august? ahh who am i kidding, will be month late most probably... oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking off intermountain, Josh any word about the pre order status? still on track for august? ahh who am i kidding, will be month late most probably... oh well

LOL nope, the NS ES44DC that you have on pre-order wont be in till October. Hopefully they wont be delayed any further

i love calling india for help with my computer that was built in china
but then you (reffering to average consumer of course) always have the option of visiting local library and reading a book on computers, but you chose to save time ;).

LOL nope, the NS ES44DC that you have on pre-order wont be in till October. Hopefully they wont be delayed any further

sounds great :mad:
oh well, at least i will get me a nice new year present. maybe if they not late...

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds great :mad:
oh well, at least i will get me a nice new year present. maybe if they not late...

LOL I dont believe that there will be any further delays with the DC's. We will be able to say a little more for sure if they AC's come in next month. Ill be in touch with my rep @ IM the first of the month to see if the AC's are on the July Container

I'm so sick of hearing about these delays because of China. Screw china. If saving money on labor means your product will be delayed time and time again. Maybe these companies will realize they are losing money because we as consumers have had enough of the delays.

I would pay more if they brought back manufacturing here. When did they decide to outsource to China anyways? When did this start happening in recent years?

Mmm no. To late to screw with nation that is the largest investor in US debt. Manufacturimg is steadyly going over there for what ,10-15 years now? At least. In any case it is not entirley bad for us and US as nation to have manufacturing there for number of reasons. Mostly a good thing actually

Back