WHAT IS IT? Do you know?

ride-the-light

Hello, I have train items up on ebay and somebody has told me that one item up is very rare. Hmmm I have no idea maybee you do. its item number 110140110768 its ho scale and has lima italy stamped on bottom. Please post what you think. Its from the late 60s or early 70s

Looks like a BN FP45. Lima was(is?) a model maker in Italy, Rivrossi was a train manufacturer/exporter. Many of their items ended up under the AHM/IHC brand. Item #250128445284 appears to be basically the same locomotive.
Old? Yes.
Rare? Probably not so much.
Real problem? Everyone knows that Athearn is releasing this same locomotive in a very accurate model in the near future.

What it is , is an FP45 , which is basically a Coweled SD45, there was also an F45, the difference being the "P" version had a steam generator for use in passenger service. I don't know how rare the item is, but it isn't in production any more, so if you want one you're probably looking at the best source. Athearn has both F and FP45's due out soon, but not in BN colors and for a lot more money.

Back