• Pre year 1900.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 1901 to 1930.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 1931 to the beginning of diesels.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • The Transition.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Steam is dead to the beginning of Second Generation Diesels.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Second Generation Diesels, to Third Generation Diesels.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Third generation Diesels (The Modern Era).

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don't Model no STINKIN' Eras, I do what I want!!

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rico, I have never done a Pre-Order of a model railroad Item; or, any other type of item for that matter. So, I don't know how that works. To Pre-Order does the manufacturer expect money down?

99% of the time, no.

In some special cases a distributor or retailer might ask for a percentage deposit (not full amount), but in most cases you should not be asked for that. (And that's the retailer, not the manufacturer taking that deposit.)

O.K., the Poll is meaningless, if true, I can live with that, too! However, I wonder why Modern Model Railroaders wouldn't be partaking in this forum?

Any pollster will tell you that with a smaller number of respondents, the margin of error of actually being *accurately* representative of the larger population is very high.

Any pollster will tell you that with a smaller number of respondents, the margin of error of actually being *accurately* representative of the larger population is very high.

HUH???

My "oldest" engine is a GP7.
My "newest" would be an AEM-7.
So I guess "the era I model" falls between those two points...
My "oldest" engine is a GP7.
My "newest" would be an AEM-7.
So I guess "the era I model" falls between those two points...

Something I was not paying attention to is the fact that NOT MODELING AN ERA appears to be the one of the most popular eras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well
I like cabooses and F units and other stuff from my childhood, so thats what I buy. Not really modeling an era per say it just turns out that way.

I over heard once, "Who says I can't run a caboose behind a Gevo locomotive???"

Greg

1581609625230.png

Again, HUH?!?
I’ll take a stab at it...

Less people polled means greater margins of error.
let’s say there are 1 million MRRs in the world. You’ve polled about 30. That is a fraction of a fraction; making the poll pretty isolated.
But, you are basically polling the more active members of this one site. Making your poll very accurate under that specific parameter. The results are interesting non the less.
Keep on polling, pollster. I love a good set of data points.

I’ll take a stab at it...

Less people polled means greater margins of error.
let’s say there are 1 million MRRs in the world. You’ve polled about 30. That is a fraction of a fraction; making the poll pretty isolated.
But, you are basically polling the more active members of this one site. Making your poll very accurate under that specific parameter. The results are interesting non the less.
Keep on polling, pollster. I love a good set of data points.
But....but. That's what I said.

Toot, I'm guessing you sure did; however, I found what you said to be slightly confusing! I'm sure this is all me and as the King Crimson song goes, "Confusion will be my epitaph"!

My 2 cents. I will be modeling the CB&Q around 1962 in central Illinois. Plenty of Blackbirds and Greybacks to see, and best of all, before Lou Menk had his way!

Again, HUH?!?

If you ask 1000 random people at a train show, and 20 people from the same N-Track club, you may get VERY different results.

The smaller the poll, the less accurate it may be of representing the "whole". That's "margin of error".

Back