What coffee do you like?

Geesh, lots of variation with this thread! Now days, our goto coffee is Craven's Breakfast Blend. When we had the Espresso Store we found Craven's. Dexter's Decaf for the light drinkers, and a special blend just for us for the real coffee lovers. Can't get that special blend unless I buy 25Lbs of beans, so Breakfast Blend is close. Don't have a grinder anymore anyway. Could not get Craven's while we were OTR, so we found that Love's and Pilot has the better coffee AND they knew how to brew it. It still amazes me on how folks could screw up drip coffee. It is not rocket science. I used to hate cold coffee, hate it. Being OTR changed my though on that - hot, cold, in-between - didn't matter as it was wet.

Later

I have had 1 cup of coffee since I was a freshman in high school. Mom and dad drank coffee morning, noon and night. My sister and her passed on hubby were the same. Terry drinks a mix of Folgers and Maxwell House and has maybe 4 cups a day ending by 5PM. She blends them in a third container 50/50.

The daughter is high maintenance (spoiled by dad). She will drink any blend if it’s StarBucks, her mom hates Starbucks

Me, give me a diet Dr Pepper any day.

I buy coffee beans and grind if in the mood, usually I prefer gold or indulgence from Douwe Egbert. But I rarely leave a coffee unadulterated

coffee, and hot chocolate, and double cream, never milk tick
or
coffee, desiccated coconut, and coconut essence maybe some coconut cream, but still double cream
not whipping cream hate the sugar
or
coffee vanilla, essence normal or Keto, double cream
or black when at friends because cheeky to ask for cream
or
coffee,alcohol,sugar substitute, lots of cream and chocolate grated on top,
brandy preferred cheap not good one, tia. Maria, more coffee, rarely waste a drambuie or Cointreau, never whiskey.

I use the above with lots of whipped double cream and chocolate cookies to make a dessert at Xmas, very popular but the calories always do damage.

now a nice coconut cookie to dunk into a nice coffee, or those Dutch caramelised biscuits…..hate going Keto lol.

not impressed with many shop bought coffees often disappointing,for the price rather buy my own

and usually in a glass not a cup or mug

Last edited:
Startrash from the burned variety. Mc'dumpsters used to be horrible, but now their coffee is actually pretty good. America runs on Dunkin was good untill few years ago when they started watering it down too much. The best coffee one can get on the east coast (The US) is in Columbian part of Jersey City in New Jersey, once you tasted what real coffee is supposed to taste, you'll never forget it. Generally Europeans get better quality as i found out traveling there also.

Not fussed, so long as it is good, quality coffee.

As an aside. Tea. Good China teas. Quality teas from India and Sri Lanka. No Supermarket own 'dust'.

David
Waitrose own teabags, 44p per 100g, the other half likes these as much as Yorkshire tea bags best price 73p per 100g on offer at Morrisons last week. And he is fussy. waitrose had a 40p per 100g offer two weeks ago I got 10 boxes, he also goes through the stuff at super sonic speed we did buy three 3 plants but looking at how to make it he would likely kill all three plants in one day!
worth a punt. he did not like other supermarket brands either,
I don’t drink black tea…..but I will drink a green tea no sugar jasmine ok, but usually with a Chinese meal. I tried lemon tea…yuk horrible stuff.
I prefer leaf not bagged. Especially if plastic….faint

A lot of places over roast their beans to try to get "more" or "better" flavor profiles, rather than just roast a good blend of beans to begin with.

I'm not a coffee snob, but I'm not a fan of Starbuck's house blend. It's over roasted, in my opinion. But I love their Pikes Peak blend. I worked for Tim Hortons US for 7 years when they had a regional office here in Central Ohio, so I got used to their coffee. It's quite good, but personally, I like a darker blend with heavier flavor profiles. I like Dunkin a lot better than Timmy Ho's even though I worked for Tims for 7 years.

According to their leadership (who I have to assume know what they're talking about), it takes a person 6-7 attempts before they "learn" to like a new flavor. In other words, if I'm used to Starbucks, it might take 6 or 7 days in a row of switching to Folgers before I start liking Folgers better than Starbucks. Those first 6 or 7 instances are still too much of a difference, and people don't like it when things are "different."

At the time, Tims had a brand recognition issue in teh U.S. which made it a challenge to penetrate new markets. So they would send a coffee truck to give away free Tim Hortons coffee for a couple of weeks in the areas where a new store was to open, in an attempt to "train" them to like Tims coffee.

If I want a real treat, I will sometimes order some Kona Coffee. Such a rich and full flavor profile!

I'll just put this here then.

1687208228380.png

One thing I like about Ohio's CCW laws: If I carry a concealed handgun into an establishment (Like Starbucks) that has a sign posted (and they notice it), they still have to ask me to leave before I can get into any real trouble. If I refuse to leave, then I can be charged with criminal trespassing. That's it. This does not apply to places where the law says nobody can carry concealed (gov't offices, court houses, etc.).

THE SPOUSAL UNIT is hung up on Starbucks Sumatra (which I do like as well - even though I hate Starbucks Corp. policy regarding guns in their shops)

None of the Starbucks where I live prohibit CCW. Keep in mind, Starbucks corporate policy is just a "request" not to bring firearms into their locations, it's not a legal prohibition.

None of the Starbucks where I live prohibit CCW. Keep in mind, Starbucks corporate policy is just a "request" not to bring firearms into their locations, it's not a legal prohibition.
My reference was to , and I think it was Seattle, where they did not want policemen coming in the store?

Back to the coffee - I wish Luzianne would come out with "pods".
The Spousal Unit has spoiled me with the Keurig.

They make reusable pods so you can "roll your own," so to speak. My wife has 2 she dedicates for use with loose leaf tea.

Back