Weekly Photo Fun- Feb.14-Feb.21

I haven't started one of these for a while, so here goes. A pair of GP7's lead a WB freight through the yard.

P1050775.jpg

Very nice Jay! Looks like the sun is poking out from behind the clouds!
I caught this loco on loan to the Peace River papermill on the M&M sub last week:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And now for something completely diffferent:
(it's not really a photo, but it certainly was fun!)

TROLLEY RACING
th_IMG_1273_zpsbdda7e05.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a retaining wall I've been 'scratch building'. Not quite finished....there's enough space between the two walls that I can fit some ballast/dirt/stone and a shrub or two, weeds, overgrowth, etc that will nicely separate and identify the two walls.
20150208_115412.jpg20150215_084740.jpg20150215_093208.jpg

Excellent scenes this week!

I was able to get part of the room painted, only a couple hundred feet of backdrop to paint...
The fade from blue to white/haze didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, you really can't tell there are multiple colors blended together unless you are up close.

image.jpg

Here is my latest project in the works.

This C-Liner is one of 4 units purchased by the Montana Central in 1968 from the Milwaukee Road as parts donors for its FM fleet, but 6 years later this unit is still being dragged out of the dead line due to continual power shortages.

DSC_1208.jpgDSC_1209.jpgDSC_1210.jpgDSC_1211.jpg

I hope to get the number boards and the rest of the detailing finished soon.

Grampy ... I like the GP7's. Nice shot.
Rico ... The paper mill is impressive.
JWB ... Beautiful Alco
KB02 ... Trolley racing. Sounds fun.
SweetCreek ... Retaining wall looks nice
AyTrane ... Is that a topside creeper sticking up in the middle? That is a lot of backdrop to paint.
StickyMonk.... Looks like a hard working C-liner.

Below is a freight with SD-24's and a passenger train with E7's.... A baldwin switcher stands by.

SD24%20E7%20Bldwn%20_zpsvmtwz1lj.jpg

Awesome work so far everyone. Compared to what I see so far my photo is pretty basic. The flat car that I put a wood deck on last week now has a load of rails.

20150216_124624_zpsclqup2e8.jpg

Thanks, it was a labor of love. 160 strips with 10 stalks a strip that each had to be turned 3 times with a tweezers. That's 1600 stalks turned 4800 times! I did it while watching tv one winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they were scenic express products. The corn comes in boxes of 400 and the beans are on a strip that peels off and sticks right down. The corn took me hours and hours. The beans took a minute! I'll see if I have closer pictures in my photobucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back