Weekly Photo Fun 4/22-4/28

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Woho, being up so late earns me this one...

Proof I'm STILL slowly working on my layout.

Newly installed concrete foundation for the shop building in my scrap yard.
View attachment 26000

Close up of the weathering on the exposed concrete near the doors. Not fully satisfied with the roll up door, I'll do a little more on that before the structure is considered complete. It'll be loose (I.E. not permanently mounted), the concrete foundation however is glued to the scenery base.
View attachment 26001

Next up, tomorrow before I head off to work, I plan to bring the scenery (dirt & gravel) up to the foundation. Hope to install the AC unit next to the building as well, but that needs a concrete pad still, and the duct work to connect it.

Then on to finishing the rest of the yard, including scrap autos... :eek:

Good to see you're still at it Josh, hasn't been an update in some time!

I needed a corner building so picked up this White Tower kit, it just screams for an interior so open to any ideas folks!
It's going to be called "Kliener's Diner", named after the brother in law who just retired from VIA Rail and used to be a chef.

P1011522.jpg

P1011533.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran a BN freight around the club layout yesterday. All Proto 2000 units, I teamed up my GP38-2, GP9 and SD9 on a freight train. This is the OMRS layout in Lacey, WA.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Earth day... Guess that explains why I was so focused on getting some new scenery down, lol.

Got some time finally to do some work on my little railroad and started on some new (5) DM&E power. This was my last completed unit.

MR7.JPG

DME6366.JPG

3 of my changes this week.
1 I changed the backdrops around. I swapped my wooded hill and the town and I like this much better. Gives me more of a 2 town look instead of one in my small room.
2 The NS engine was one of my first paintbooth turnouts. I had one set of NS decals so it was upgraded from a Conrail w/ some light weathering. Numbered 420 to rememeber date I painted it.
3 The yellow faded one is my first weathering attempt. It was a Penn Central like one next to it. More to be added to it.
(the service station is just there to replace the building i am making into a Harley shop.)

Here are a few progress shots from my cornfield. I have about fifty percent more corn to add to the existing section. There are already 1600 stalks in this bit. The other side of the road will be soy beans. There will be a stand of tall trees on the far side to break up the view of the mill.
Obviously I have some work to do.:)

Prepare to be underwhelmed!:D:D:D

Farm006.png

Farm010.jpg

Farm004.jpg

@ Gary :D

@Secondhand: That's a lot of corn. Looks great. I'd be freaking out about elbows about now. :eek:

Back