Weekly Photo Fun 4/19 - 4/25

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I found this beast idling on the Sundown shop track yesterday.
P1011989.jpg

After her recent restoration completion, the TVRM Southern #630 sits ready to depart for another NS mainline excursion trip to Central Alabama and back.

DSC01896.JPG

Off to a great start guys!
Matt you bugger... now I have to dig some more!:p
Here's an oldie from the archives:

Need to see more pictures of the steamer Carey? Is that Peco track?

Here's a SP GS-6 taking a spin on the Cheyenne turntable.

P1010715.jpg

Good Day Folks!

Work continues on my first layout. Track work has been completed, and the trains are running smooth, I started to ballast the track, and add the base color.

-Steven

Here's the Mausoleum I showed a few weeks back now in the cemetary. This is the other side of the mountain I showed off my re-foresting work on back at Christmas. A small farm scene at the bottom and new retaining walls along the river and a big corner of the layout is completed!

Attachments

• April 2013 (1).jpg
    April 2013 (1).jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 231
  • April 2013 (7).jpg
    April 2013 (7).jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 203
Is that an Allegheny?

Yes it is!:D Good eye! Its a 1964/1965 Akane import. In rebuilding it, I added (IIRC) 45 brand new detail parts, mainly to replace some of the cruder parts.

Looking at the model as a whole, you can't tell where those parts went. Right now, it's got a bum drawbar. When I "get a round tuit", I just make a new one.

Back to the work bench.

I started this house about 10 years ago and put it aside because I didn't have a place to put it. Now that I am finally building the last town and yard for my layout, there will be a place to put it so it's time to finish it.

After many months of delays, the relocation of the shops, and other "rush" jobs, the Midland finally took delivery of their remanufactured, chop nosed Geeps. Now sitting on the ready track, awaiting their next assignment while a D&H freight trundles by.
3%20geeps%20426.JPG

After her recent restoration completion, the TVRM Southern #630 sits ready to depart for another NS mainline excursion trip to Central Alabama and back.

DSC01896.JPG
Great looking locomotive I plan on doing one soon too. You need a water tender to go with it. Great job!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back