Weekly Photo Fun 1/15 - 1/21

AyTrane

I guess I'll start it off.

Here are two shots of Rio Grande #536. The first is #536 crossing the lower level of trackage, and the second is the train crossing the bridge spanning the doorway.

6.jpg

4.jpg

Great start to the WPF folks! This thread is where I get my inspiration....... (Well one of many places actually, but still a great place for ideas!)

I have been gradually working on the scenery and trackage on the logging pike on the middle peninsula on the SLOW. I needed to extend the track for the logging road, and the only place it could go was into mid air. The line goes by trestle from Bare Mountain to a place called Nowhere, NY which is the next ridge over from Bare Mountain..... So here is the start of the "Bridge to Nowhere".

Bridge2Nowhere01w.png

Bridge2Nowhere02w.png

I'll be working on it this weekend (hopefully) and will try to report progress as it is done........ Oh, BTW, the the trestle pole are actually straight up and down..... Strange effects from the camera lense.

Cool, Ray, I've got a Bridge to Nowhere too. I always tell people they just have to use their imagination. :)

Adam, nice shot. I like the trestle for use across the door. Better than the usual plywood shelf. You should think about getting some guard rails down on the bridge track though. In addition to looks, they make help save an engine or car from a dive to the floor.

DJ, you've permanantly burned a hole in my monitor. :eek: You need to warn us if you're going to post something that's not Brunswick Green. Who's your favorite team in the playoffs?

Drew, I can see progress is being made. Factory Direct Trains is having a sale on SW-1500's for $73. It was all I could do to keep my finger away for the "Buy" button for a Cotton Belt unit. :D

Jim, I received that set from one of my son-in-laws, and, since it was so colorful, I thought I'd post it for a change. I'm a Red Wings fan.
Ray, that looks like that is going to be an interesting scene.

Whitetails along the ROW. DJ.

P1040467.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Con-Cor flatcar together. I filled the truck mounting holes with super glue and let it dry then put in two Bachmann truck mounting screws to initially tap the holes then removed them. I then installed Kadee #5 couplers using the push in coupler covers that came with the car. I then installed the trucks and secured them with the Bachmann screws.

P1150348.jpg

DJ, I always love your photos, but the one with the deer.... WOW! looks like only the one buck has any self preservation instinct!

Progress on the SLOW.... Today the Bridge to Nowhere got some more bracing and the track beneath got a few loads of ballast. Actually I did about 4 foot of ballasting track today.

Bridge2Nowhere03w.png

Jim, I received that set from one of my son-in-laws, and, since it was so colorful, I thought I'd post it for a change. I'm a Red Wings fan.
Ray, that looks like that is going to be an interesting scene.

Whitetails along the ROW. DJ.

P1040467.jpg

Yep that's definately PA. Should any of you come across our vaunted whitetails while driving the whole flicking your lights at them thing doesn't work. They'll just stare at you. If you want them to move you gotta lay on the horn.

I bashed Eastern Lucubrator ("For all your lucubration requirements!") from a City Classics "Smallman Street Warehouse" kit.

e_lucub.jpg

Jeffrey, nice looking flat and trailer combination.

Gary, interesting train going by on the main. Looks good except for the Hughes 500. After having a near death experience in one of those, I prefer not ever see one again. :eek:

John, nice kitbashing job on the warehouse. Exactly what are my "Lucubrator Requirements"? Now you've got me worried. :)

I'm lovin' the spooked deer shot. Those eyes are priceless. :eek:

The lubrication warehouse is looking great too.

This is a gas station I just finished. It's a City Classic kit.
100_4750.jpg

100_4749.jpg

100_4752.jpg

A simple kit to build, but looks great once painted.

A couple of Sn3 open top water tanks, the smaller one is modeled generally after the WSLC Camp 8 tank. The taller one is loosely based on the Sierra RR Jamestown tank. In both the "water" is only a single pour of Envirotex Light at about 1/16" deep.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

For years we've had these tenement buildings overlooking the car repair tracks at the end of the yard, but they sat on bare plywood. I finally got around to planting some weeds there. But as we railroaders know, there's no such thing as the wrong side of the tracks, just too far away!

I should have removed the construction clutter, sorry.

IMG_3206.JPG

Back