Walthers Operating Turntable Feedback

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

ianacole

I have the 130' DCC one and have used it very little, but have not had any issues with it. I know that there have been some complaints about the controller and the connections in the turntable itself, but I have not experienced any of these issues.

trailrider

When I was building my current layout, I installed a Walthers 110 ft. turntable. I could never get it to work right. In addition, it turned out that most of my larger steam locomotives were too long for it anyway. I also have a wye that can be used, when necessary, to reverse the direction. (Because my main line is a folded dogbone, I normally don't need to "turn" my engines or trains anyway. As I only have a 2-stall engine house, I elected to fix the turntable bridge aligned with one stall, and installed a turnout across the pit to the other stall. The rationale for this is similar to what a prototype might have done for the same reasons. I might have installed the 130' turntable, but wouldn't have had room on the layout.

PRR Modeler

I purchased the DCC programing TT back when it first came out. I tried programming the tracks several times but the memory was lost (may have been my issues- I don't know). Finally in frustration I just moved the bridge with the arrows on the control box until it only worked when it wanted to.

I traded it out with a friend for a older TT (blue control box) and although I had to add a PSX-AR to it on my new layout under construction I am very happy with it.

DakotaLove39

Always Improvising
I purchased the DCC programing TT back when it first came out. I tried programming the tracks several times but the memory was lost (may have been my issues- I don't know). Finally in frustration I just moved the bridge with the arrows on the control box until it only worked when it wanted to.

I traded it out with a friend for a older TT (blue control box) and although I had to add a PSX-AR to it on my new layout under construction I am very happy with it.
This sounds like the one my club has. It has forgotten its programming twice and is frequently broken. I believe it gets over-used by steam enthusiasts. There's talk of rebuilding the movement with home-engineered solutions.

IMG_20180303_115022919.jpg
Notice my Mikado, not on a turntable track. I've never, ever used the thing myself. The F's may be orange but they aren't mine.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.