Walthers Operating Turntable Feedback

I have the 130' DCC one and have used it very little, but have not had any issues with it. I know that there have been some complaints about the controller and the connections in the turntable itself, but I have not experienced any of these issues.

When I was building my current layout, I installed a Walthers 110 ft. turntable. I could never get it to work right. In addition, it turned out that most of my larger steam locomotives were too long for it anyway. I also have a wye that can be used, when necessary, to reverse the direction. (Because my main line is a folded dogbone, I normally don't need to "turn" my engines or trains anyway. As I only have a 2-stall engine house, I elected to fix the turntable bridge aligned with one stall, and installed a turnout across the pit to the other stall. The rationale for this is similar to what a prototype might have done for the same reasons. I might have installed the 130' turntable, but wouldn't have had room on the layout.

I purchased the DCC programing TT back when it first came out. I tried programming the tracks several times but the memory was lost (may have been my issues- I don't know). Finally in frustration I just moved the bridge with the arrows on the control box until it only worked when it wanted to.

I traded it out with a friend for a older TT (blue control box) and although I had to add a PSX-AR to it on my new layout under construction I am very happy with it.

I purchased the DCC programing TT back when it first came out. I tried programming the tracks several times but the memory was lost (may have been my issues- I don't know). Finally in frustration I just moved the bridge with the arrows on the control box until it only worked when it wanted to.

I traded it out with a friend for a older TT (blue control box) and although I had to add a PSX-AR to it on my new layout under construction I am very happy with it.

This sounds like the one my club has. It has forgotten its programming twice and is frequently broken. I believe it gets over-used by steam enthusiasts. There's talk of rebuilding the movement with home-engineered solutions.

IMG_20180303_115022919.jpg
Notice my Mikado, not on a turntable track. I've never, ever used the thing myself. The F's may be orange but they aren't mine.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some good advice. I recently bought the Walthers assembled HO 90' turntable after many unsuccessful trials with the older assembly kit. I am looking for a good power pack that can provide power to turn the table. The manual states that one should not use a DC throttle. Will the AC accessory hookup on the same throttle power pack work? Wiring is not my strong point (I just started venturing away from ground throws to tortoise monitors).

Thank you for your help.

Back