Walthers Double Track Swing Bridge, assembly question?

beiland

Walthers Double Track Swing Bridge, assembly question?

This is the bridge I am speaking of,.... https://www.walthers.com/double-tra...t-27-x-6-3-8-x-7-9-16-quot-69-x-16-2-x-19-3cm

On that site there is also a downloadable PDF assemble instruction sheet.

The question that has come to my attention concerns a relatively small part, 2 deck end pieces, that exist at either end of the bridge. I am wondering if any other owner of one of these bridges has experienced the same question.

This is the questionably part(s)
image%28244%29.png

image%28245%29.png

I believe I have installed them correctly, BUT they are a bit too proud for the track that installs on the bridge beams??

Two possibilities:

- the parts are not in fact installed properly
- they are, and you are intended to cut the last bridge tie and cement the rail to the top of this piece - it would need to be a full thickness of a tie and not just "a bit too proud" for this scenario though.

A photo(s) of your actual parts/assembly rather than only the diagram which you're unsure of would probably help here too.

Thanks very much Rico, that's how I thought it should look.

What track are you using? The ties must be a bit taller than Atlas flex track, or my Shinohara bridge track?

Photos of my concern

Sat, 2021-08-07 08:03 — railandsail

My first set of photos were out of focus (camera acting up).
One of the end pieces..
image%28246%29.png

image%28247%29.png

image%28248%29.png

Upside down view that depicts those ridges that are molded onto the underside of those end pieces....
image%28249%29.png

So I believe I have installed them correctly, BUT it results in a slightly proud piece that even the tie-less track has a problem clearing cleanly...
image%28250%29.png

image%28251%29.png

image%28252%29.png

What track are you using? The ties must be a bit taller than Atlas flex track, or my Shinohara bridge track?

I think it’s micro engineering as I recall.
Yes I see what you mean about the rail, easy (?) fix might be to dig a wee trench for the rail to drop into with a hobby blade.

I ended up sanding down both of those end plates, and now the track is almost flush. Glued things down, wired things up, and actually ran a few trains across my bridge. Hallelujah 👍

Back