UP SD70M with angled radiators

There's a resin cab and radiator kit that you can find from time to time, however, no pre-built model outside of Overland Brass.

The reason for the radiators flare is a larger radiator, that was required to keep the components cool, on the EPA Tier I version of the SD70M. The SD70ACe is a Tier II, and required an even larger radiator, thus the SD80/90 style radiator.

The reason for the SD45/SD40X/GP40X flare is similar, more cooling capacity...

there is a guy on ebay who sells the resin kit for the flared radiators and the newer nose. i'll have to see if i still have the email he sent me when i asked about the flares.

there is a guy on ebay who sells the resin kit for the flared radiators and the newer nose. i'll have to see if i still have the email he sent me when i asked about the flares.
Did you ever find a source for those flare kits for the Genesis SD70's ??

unfortunately i haven't. I tried searching my old emails and messages on ebay and can't find them.

One other thing to look at on the SD70M's with the flared radiators. The long hood has a square edge, it no longer is rolled. The end roof where the sand hatch filler cap is angular also, EMD pretty well did away with any rounding of corners.

Greg

Back