UK Trains Delivered to US

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

sampsoninc

I was just wondering if anything like this could be transported from the UK to the US.

The couplings are always held on with a screw, so I could take the coupling off and screw on a regular Altas coupling.

NZRMac

In Training Down Under.
You want to run this loco on a U.S layout? If it's OO scale the track is the same as HO the couplers could be a problem, getting the height correct for coupling to U.S cars.
Nice loco tho!!
Ken.

Fergmiester

M.E.S.S. Maker
There are a number of modellers in the Halifax area that are into the Bachmann British OO gear. So I see quite a bit of Brit stuff at the LHS. As for the convrersion I can't see why not except the engine will loose a lot of it's character. What you may consider is to get a piece of rolling stock that is compatable with the engine and do the conversion on it.

Fergie

Steve B

Firefighter
The only diference with US equipment is the scale, the track is the same for OO and HO but the body is built to 1/72 scale as apposed to 1/87 for HO scale so it will dwarf HO equipment slightly, Hornby and Bachmann Branchline do some excellent stuff now, i went for American models because the engineering was better than Hornby but now things at Hornby are looking great as well.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.