UK Trains Delivered to US

sampsoninc

I was just wondering if anything like this could be transported from the UK to the US.

gwr14xx6it.jpg

The couplings are always held on with a screw, so I could take the coupling off and screw on a regular Altas coupling.

You want to run this loco on a U.S layout? If it's OO scale the track is the same as HO the couplers could be a problem, getting the height correct for coupling to U.S cars.
Nice loco tho!!
Ken.

There are a number of modellers in the Halifax area that are into the Bachmann British OO gear. So I see quite a bit of Brit stuff at the LHS. As for the convrersion I can't see why not except the engine will loose a lot of it's character. What you may consider is to get a piece of rolling stock that is compatable with the engine and do the conversion on it.

Fergie

The only diference with US equipment is the scale, the track is the same for OO and HO but the body is built to 1/72 scale as apposed to 1/87 for HO scale so it will dwarf HO equipment slightly, Hornby and Bachmann Branchline do some excellent stuff now, i went for American models because the engineering was better than Hornby but now things at Hornby are looking great as well.

Back