Turtle Field Layout

No track plan to show soon ... :D

Here is a video with the new kato metra commuter train :

[YOUTUBE]6ckcaqPtTp8[/YOUTUBE]

Some views of the new part of the layout :

The benchwork is a little bit complex, so it will take lot of time to complete.

infra-du-26-11-11-quad-2f1ae87.jpg

infra-du-26-11-11-2f1b032.jpg

infra-du-26-11-11-bis-2f1b040.jpg

infra-du-26-11-11-ter-2f1b04b.jpg

And video of the test of the Bachmann RS3 locomotive. A little noisy put run smooth. Not very good for tractive effort : slide with 7 cars in 3% grade & 15' curves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZGCx2q2pE&feature=channel_video_title

Some work on rolling stock : Painting an heavyweigth in Rio Grande paint scheme :

Aluminium paint is from Alclad II.

masquage-light-2f52b74.jpg

chaudron-ligth-2f52bcb.jpg

vue-ensemble-ligth-2f52d51.jpg

plateforme-ligth-2f52d66.jpg

Hello all !!

Here is a all new building !! It is a full scratchbuilt plant. I have cutted it to fit to the backdrop. Bricks sheets are from N scale architect et windows from grant line.

d-coupe-346e56a.jpg

Structure is cardboard made et concrete poles are made with evergreen :

test-beton-3476012.jpg

Painting with airbrush and tamiya acrylics for the bick works, poles are painted with tetsor "aged concrete" :

peinture-rouge-347b623.jpg

putting togever :

The roof is from plasticard 0.4mm thick to be bended easily .

To be continued . . .

Hello All,
I have on my extension a diamont crossing witch was not so smooth to run. The problem was that the atlas Straith 60° crossing was not the best way to give the right curve :

01-avant-3e3c6ac.jpg

So i have made a complete revamping of the track of this area:

02-arracher-3e3c6d0.jpg

03-refection-jointure-3e3c6e3.jpg

The hart of the project was to built a diamond crossing in double-curve with the correct 52° that i need :
Very hard to do in N scale 4 days of hard job 8 hours per day ...

loin-3de1d25.jpg

pret-3de1d3c.jpg

crossing-3dfb877.jpg

crossing-2-3e01286.jpg

05-raccordement-3e3c6f5.jpg

Here is the test video of new tracks, it was lot of work but i think it look better now :

[YOUTUBE]Te6POB2B69w[/YOUTUBE]

What was the resistor that you use. I am guessing that you had used leds for lighting. what kind of leds and resistors did you use. also the power supply

Sorry i dont understand the ligthing you mean? Did you mean the ligthing for the video ?

It's a pair of halogens spotlight.

No I want to use led in my buildings and have no idea how to wire them. I have a normal ho train pack for powering and I don't know what to buy to do this . like what kind of led, resistors. I got some tonight and burned the resistor and led out. had it wired on ther + side and didn't work. please help

Ho yes, i understand now !! It is standard 3 or 5 mm yellow pannel LED. On my layout power is provided by a 24 Volts industrial power supply. So i use 1K ohms resistor. If you use standard 14 V from a power pack, better is to use a 640 Ohm resitor.

The law is U=RI
U tension in volts
R resistance in ohms
I current in amps.

So if you want to have the R value, you use this law : R=U/I
I is the current dropped by the Led (Cf data sheet of the component you have chosen) ,
U the tension provided by the power pack.

You bring the nearest upper resistor value you will find in electronic store.
For pannel LED (20mA) 1/2 Watt power is enouth.

If you chose Hight luminosity LED (droping 30mA to 50mA) better is to purchase 1 Watt power.

Never use 1/4 watt !! Too Hot :D

For polarity it is very simple : if it's work polarity is ok. If don't work polarity need to be inverted.

Resistor is mounted in serial, one resitor on each LED.

My two cent's ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back