Truck problems with an Atlas Hopper

Littlefoot14

Hello group members,

I have an Atlas 2 Bay Covered Hopper and ive noticed something wierd about it, one truck is on an angle, and isnt running right. Ive checked the screw, and it appears fine, not an an angle or anything. Its an Atlas Frame with Atlas trucks in that means anything.

Any help getting this fixed would be a great help.

Sounds like one of the wheels is the wrong size. Try switching the wheels in the skewed truck. If it skews the other way, someone put one size to big or too small of wheel in it.

Sounds like one of the wheels is the wrong size. Try switching the wheels in the skewed truck. If it skews the other way, someone put one size to big or too small of wheel in it.

Thanks, but i dont think thats whats wrong with it, they are the same wheelsets, and for the reason i posted after you.

Thanks anyways!

Another thing to check is the top of the truck frame at the hole boss. I've found a couple over the years that have some raised flash from the molding process. A few passes with a smooth jewelers file until the surface is flat will take care of it. Before reinstalling the truck, place it right side up on a piece of track on a smooth flat surface and make sure all the wheels make contact by trying to rock it side to side. Plastic truck frames sometimes are slightly warped but can fixed by removing the wheel sets and gently twisting the frames back straight.

1st check the truck all by iteself, remove it and see that it sits flat and square on the rail. If it does, then the issue is most likely the mounting boss like Mike said. If it doesn't then the truck frame is probably warped, you'll have to replace it.

Back