Trouble With BLI Blue Line F7

BRMILW

I recently bought a Milwaukee Road F7 A and B set used from a seller on ebay. It arrived last night and I was eager to get it on my DC wired layout. Once on the tracks everything worked well, sound and lights, but the locomotive slowed down and sped up as it moved along the tracks. I saw the wheels were dirty and thought this may be the issue. I cleaned them with a paper towel with some WD40 by holding the locomotive in place and allowing the wheels to spin on the towel. As I was cleaning the sound cut out and the wheels stopped spinning as fast. I removed the shell and ran it around the layout, it was not as fast anymore and the speaker crackled just before the locomotive started moving, and then it stopped when the engine was moving. As it rounded the curve a plume of smoke rose from the locomotive and I stopped running it. I couldn't get to it in time to see where the smoke was coming from. The number board and cab lights work now but the mars light and headlight lights do not, it's not as fast, and the speaker still crackles. I stopped using it last night. I included pictures of the inside of the engine but there's nothing that i can see wrong with it. I also included a picture of my DC controller. The layout has power wired to the tracks in every 6 feet. I'm fairly certain it's broken if it wasn't already. If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it.
Thanks-
Ben
DSCN6000.JPG
DSCN5999.JPG
DSCN6002.JPG

The problem is the Railpower 1300 destroyed the decoder. You will need a new power pack, and not one of those 1300 series, and a new decoder. Those packs are known for transmitting massive power spikes that will kill onboard electronics.

The problem is the Railpower 1300 destroyed the decoder. You will need a new power pack, and not one of those 1300 series, and a new decoder. Those packs are known for transmitting massive power spikes that will kill onboard electronics.
Thanks for letting me know, that seems fairly easy to fix. I Haven't messed with DCC too much, do you what kind of decoder I need?

Wow, really. I'm surprised I haven't seen other reports of this. perhaps there should have been some sort of recall on these transformers??

Wow, really. I'm surprised I haven't seen other reports of this. perhaps there should have been some sort of recall on these transformers??
Important DC Advisory

Do NOT use MRC 1300-series DC controllers with any of Rapido's locomotives. The RailPower 1300 is notorious for voltage spikes and it WILL destroy your locomotive. There is no “if” about it. We will try to help you if we have the parts, but we are not responsible for locomotive damage due to voltage spikes in your power supply. As well, we will not repair any locomotive damaged by an MRC 1300-series controller

Back