Train spotting in Bogenville

efram

Here are a few train spotting shots from the (under progress) Bogenville Terminal Railway. Enjoy, and thanks for looking.

IMGP4279_zps388425fe.jpg

IMGP4288_zps6e94f4c4.jpg

IMGP4287_zps00472950.jpg

IMGP4286_zps69b5cfea.jpg

Beautiful shots! When using taller weed clumps in your rails to simulate and overgrown siding, do you ever have issues with couplers catching when you do roll a train over it? I am thinking of doing this on a spur serving a cement company on my layout.

Thanks for the kind words. Indeed, those clumps are actually catching plows and the underside of the trucks, so they were recently removed. I think I soaked too much glue into them, causing them to be rigid. I have clumps in other places that are not an issue. They are grass tufts from Siflor.

efram....noted. Use less glue when installing weed clumps between the rails. Your custom locomotives are very nice. Maybe in the future I can have you work on some D&H projects for me.

That's a good idea, and I suspect I was too liberal with the glue. Those clumps look so good, I hope I can make them work. Also, I would be pleased to work on some D&H units :)

Back