Train cam tour of home layout with Mini DV 808 camera

OCMRRC Jeff

OCMRRC President/webmastr
I recently got a mini DV camera on Ebay, from Hong Kong, I wanted to use it on the Old Colony Model Railroad Club to make videos from the engineers perspective. It was a lot less money than all the other camera I have seen AND it had HD video and sound!
It came in last night so the first thing I did was to strap it to a flat car on my home layout, the Lehigh Valley Model RR set during the Conrail transition, with steam justified by a Railroad Museum :rolleyes:

I did a quick twice around the layout, see if you can see the Big Boy on the layout!

[video=youtube;AZbz0Y33aeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbz0Y33aeg&feature=c4-overview&list=UULEQ2WOfnBQjmsBpV2AlvDA[/video]

Very cool...I got my mini DVR at Fry's. Probably made in China lol. I like your layout...always something to work on eh? At least that's what I am finding out with mine.

When you get a track level view you can really see where you need to do stuff, especially ballasting, only one section is ballasted, see if you can find it

I have zero ballasting in my layout...it would fall through and plunge 8' down on peoples heads! Check out my photo gallary in my profile and you will see why.

I see where you have your ballasting done. Tons to go...

Jeff, it plays better on the forum than it did off the youtube link you sent me. Just the RR and no guys with rifles or cabbage patches. J.P. Noonan might be able to give you a good price on a dump trailer load of ballast.

Back