Topside creeper

Bigboy57

Here is my homemade topside creeper. Couldn't use the commercial ones as my layout is on base cabinets and have no space under the layout for the legs. I used an articulating ladder, which I already had, and bought some u bolts and pipe flanges. I had to blow the dust off the old barbell weights and assembled this in about 15 minutes.
20210129_064033.jpg

My distance to the wall is about 36 inches, which isn't bad off a stool for most things. However, sometimes you need 2 hands to do a task, like soldering. Plus, as the scenery evolves, there will be less places to place a hand for support. This mimics the similar model sold by Micromark but doesn't need legs extending under the layout and allows me to hover over the top and use both hands. Doesn't work too bad.

What no safety harness???

I do have the Top Side Creeper that is advertised in Micro-Marks' catalog. While very safe to use, the Creeper is well constructed, but heavy to move about and storage could be a problem for many. I only need tho use it in two hard to reach areas on my layout. And yes, the Micro-Mark Creepers' legs are a problem.

Greg

Back