Times looking up

Hello guys, Some of you may know me from my other topic, Well good news Ive regained some funds and have been allowed to start setting aside money for my train layout, now is the hard part, how to put all these great ideas into a little 8'X12' layout that has an aprxx 5'x5' shoot off on one side of the platform, basically what im looking to do is run slightly larger trains probably O and not the tighter O27 so my turns have to be the right radiyus, I'm looking to have atleast a small yard for storage of like 10-20ish cars I'de like to fit in some building "small town,Industrial area?"

Bad picture but it shows the platform as it is right now
l_0d2f53da2f484f32a789500e6a72eede.jpg

Any ideas will be much appreciated

Thanks again
MidNightChief

i hope it does, if i can get my ideas in my mind organized and have them work out thing should look nice, im still trying to figure out how to make a yard on the little platform though

well guys here's an update from tonight of what my layout has become in the past 2 days, nothing special but its giving me some fun.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=388208372&albumId=1380916
I am working on video as we speak so i hope to have a link up soon.

You'll also notice my dads attempt to take over with his HO but once i have more money and switches i do believe the railroad will be pulling his building permits on that land and it will be rightfully reclaimed, but he knows its coming :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll also notice my dads attempt to take over with his HO but once i have more money and switches i do believe the railroad will be pulling his building permits on that land and it will be rightfully reclaimed, but he knows its coming :D
He needs to find his own piece of real estate on the other side of the basement. :D

unfortunately the mayor wont allow him to build upon our land anymore, she is already upset at the few expansions we have done already.

You might want to consider cutting a couple of access holes in the rear section. Otherwise you'll have to climb on the layout whenever something needs fixing or changing.

ya we have noticed that, we are going to try and work around that so we don't have big holes in our layout, so as of right now we either climb on the board or or the small ridge around the board.

well back to stage one boys, parental units very very VERY! mad at me right now, so ive been banished to no debt card, no more train items, so ya back to boredom land for awhile.

well back to stage one boys, parental units very very VERY! mad at me right now, so ive been banished to no debt card, no more train items, so ya back to boredom land for awhile.

Hopefully they didn't cut off the electricity so you can't run them either. :p

no they didnt but i feel horrible right now, i spent about $155 in the last week, now my moms on my back about if your gonna do then when your only get like $105 a week then fine, you can pay this bill and this bill, then what are you gonna do when you have no money and cant afford to live, what you gonna d then live on the streets, guh sorry to bring this crap in here guys, never wanted it to happen.

Back