Things you wish they'd re-release.

i wish theyd release my layout, all fully assembled, wired, and detailed! oh... and a western maryland 4-8-4 that was affordable, and MARC locos and MARC passenger cars. :D

So I been thinking lately of things I wish manufactures would re-release because I missed out on them.
Nothing because I can't afford all the currently avaliable things. Plus I often find all the things I missed in the 2nd hand market. Well, Ok there is one thing - the Kadee Spiker.

Great Northern F7A/B......Proto 2000 or equivalent quality.
The ones they sold with the Empire Builder set? I was actually disappointed with them. Their top speed is about 69 smph.

I thought I saw a set for cheap somewhere the other day... Hmm Hmm Hmmm Oh I'll bet it was at the Rocky Mountain Toy Train Show last weekend - darn.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still build one if you buy all of the spare parts from Kadee, but it would cost you a fortune.
That was my plan about 5 years ago but I didn't act on it. Now they no longer have all the parts to build a complete unit. Eventually I'll snag one on ebay. I've been close.

... and a western maryland 4-8-4 that was affordable, and MARC locos and MARC passenger cars. :D

I would check the used brass market. IIRC there have been several versions released since the 1960's. Anything from PFM, Akane, and Westside would be worth looking at. Plus being from that era, the prices would be a lot cheaper than any recent releases. The detail would also be pretty good on all of them.

Back