There's parts & then there's PARTS!

trailrider

I was at a Toy Train Collectors' Show today, mainly looking for some HO Athearn blue box kits for my youngest grandchild to (maybe) put together. Most of the stuff there was Lionel and American Flyer, but I did find a few things to buy.

I was walking slowly, checking stuff, when I came upon a soldier, a LTC, wearing BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform), with his arm in a sling with heavy padding. As I do every chance I get, I thanked him for his service, and politely inquired if his injury was "service-connected". He nodded, and said, "Afghanistan. But I've got all my body parts!" I replied, "That's all that counts." He then said his wife is buying some trains for him. I thanked him again, and wished him Happy Holidays.

Kinda makes you think, though, about what really counts, and how many people are still in harm's way so we can enjoy our model railroads, etc.! Godspeed to them all! God Bless America!

How right you are. How often we speed through our days and give little thought to what and who is important to us. Or to saying "I love you" or Thank You.

Steve

Good thread with a great message.

Those like that soldier you met know the price of freedom. I fear most Americans today think it's a free entitlement.

Back