The wife's HO Atlas layout...

Thanks Guys,

Gator, funny you should mention that, I tried to find a Lightning effect to include but wasn't able too.

Lasm, do a search for Train Sound Effects and you should come up with a zillion of them. On the other hand, being able to go to the tracks and actually record them is much better idea :)

Lynn, I am looking forward to getting the trains running again .. that is for sure.

NG, that is a possibility.

Evening all,Have just gotten back from Klein's with new engine, a BLI 2-8-0 with Sound and DCC. In short, I didn't worry about exchanging the bachmann for another as the ones that were "tested" all had the same problem - you had to turn the controller up to at least 12 or 13 just to get the thing to move. With that being said, once they did move they did seem to run okay and the sound was pretty good.So the 2-6-0 is out, along with Bachmann, and the BLI 2-8-0 is in as its replacement.

Mine was good. You may have to download the CV list off there site if you want to make any adjustments. Should have come with a small wand as well.

So you can make good use of that fairy dress you bought for Halloween.

Ah maybe so. But if I remember its to reset decoder or adjust volume without having to use CV' s. Basicly its a magnet.I'm thinking because some need a program track booster the wand will do the basic s if you don't have the booster. I have the booster because of the tsunamis I have so don't use the wand.

Ah maybe so. But if I remember its to reset decoder or adjust volume without having to use CV' s. Basicly its a magnet.I'm thinking because some need a program track booster the wand will do the basic s if you don't have the booster. I have the booster because of the tsunamis I have so don't use the wand.

No candy for you then.

Lynn,

Thanks, I haven't taken the engine out yet so don't know if there is a "wand" or not with this one.

Looking forward to running it though.

Another thread I needed to go back and read.
Those lights really light up your town, well done.

Just a question, do you find the lights to bright?
Maybe it's just the camera that makes them look very bright.

Later

Hawke,

Thank you but don't get too used to them. My wife and I have (I think) decided to "move this layout" and replace it with another N Scale layout. The main reason I have not done too much on it for awhile.

Whats the count? 3 or 4 layouts, it's hard to keep track of your projects, the scenery is fantastic.

Back