The LF&NW Layout Thread

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

jwb

Adding dirt and vegetation around the Kibri church:

Starting to add more vegetation above the East Zenith station area:

jwb

One of the biggest scenery "holes" on my layout is to the left of the church:

I've discovered an inexpensive and fairly easy way scope out ways to fill these "holes". Kingmill flats can be made into quick and dirty 3-d structures by building shallow boxes from foamcore. I had some store backs left over from another project and decided to rough out something to see what I might do to fill the hole:

Here is the block set in place as a quick way of seeing what might be done in this area:

It isn't even squared or leveled up, but it's an idea, maybe it'll stay here, maybe not.

I also had a duct on the other side of the room that spoiled photo angles in the area:

I built up another Kingmill flat to cover this a little, at least:

Now I can start playing around with some new camera angles:

jwb

I'm leaning toward discontinuing updates to this thread and instead, continuing to post layout progress and other features on the blog in the link below. In any case, I will probably be posting less on this and other forums and concentrating my efforts on the blog.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.