The greenbrier logging and coal co

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

OleSmokey

Ive been doing a bunch of pieces of foam and seeing how i want to go with the track. I think i have a good idea but with all the junk on the layout its hard to see. I have a couple of shots but the disaster is all over. I got to get a trash can and toolbox and clean the mess off. Have a couple of shots below.

Attachments

OleSmokey

Well, Looking at the camp track, i have made a design change to that track. In the spruce town they had the town on one side of the river and mill on the other. I think i am going to try that here. The track just looks too busy there. i can add another piece of track at the base of that ramp. That will move the track over enough that i can place the town over on that side of the river. I am planning to make a pasture over on the other side with the logging camp up in the woods. The camp would be on the left side looking at the layout. I have plenty of scrap pink foam to make risers with. Pink is so easy to work with. That and hot glue for foam. I already changed the plan several times to get it right. Its so easy that what i did before. A lot of others are using it more and more. I'm sold! Will get the the new plan together and see if trains still like it and then i can take some pictures. later, Smoke

Rico

BN Modeller
No thoughts, too early for me.
I do love the company houses tho, gives a real feeling to the layout!
Hope you’re feeling better!

OleSmokey

Thanks fellow, on and off with weather does a number on me anymore. I ran all the engines on the main and the spur up to the logging camp. I see a couple of places where i want to fix but wras so happy with me getting it right on it first try. My engines seem to love the track and plan i have. A couple of power feeds and the turnout wire and one spot i would like to fix and then run trains..lots of trains!

OleSmokey

Just when you thought things were working good, I had to tear out part of the ladder yard. All for one turnout. Its actually two on one switch. Fixed but just had to pull up a few turnouts and a power feed. 4 turnouts to get to one. Not a great thing. Today was the first time i hooked up the turnouts to power. Dcc time. Thinking about getting another controller for my dcc system. I hate switching back and forth all the time. Its always a learning thing, this hobby is!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.